Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 43

This started off by being not such a good day. I reached work on time, only to find that the actual work would start an hour later. Aaargh!! So I went grumble, grumble, grumble in my mind for an hour. And then... things changed.

:)

Shutapa called to say that she's going to be here for my b'day. And I went, Yay! :D Just yesterday, I was toying with the idea of ditching the Happy B'day to Me idea once and for all, just eating good food and cake and leaving it at that. But Shutapa's arrival changes things. I don't have as few friends as I thought I did. Okay, so she isn't exactly flying down for my b'day, but the timing couldn't be any better. I love that girl so much. :D Yay!

Also, Rahul 'Chomu' Kunda just messaged his new number. I was wondering where that boy had gone and gotten lost. So, that's another fellow to invite. Boyfriends may come and boyfriends may go, but Chomu Kunda is forever. Even if we talk just about once a month; sometimes less often than that.

Watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Free tickets from office. Found it kinda juvenile (though some of the dialogues are super-cool) and it was tooooooo similar to The Mummy movies. If you do want to win Indian Jones movie tickets, log on to http://www.ilovekolkata.in/content/section/47/1698. There are loadza tickets just waiting to be won.

Was introduced to this weird friend of a colleague. I was kinda distracted, so I didn't catch his name, but I smiled politely and held out my hand for a handshake, and he did a nomoshkar while my handed remained suspended mid-air (and this being a 20-something guy!!)! I kept thinking, Okay, ebaare nomoshkaarer shomoi shesh hoye jaabe, then he will shake hands. Hah! You think! I got fed up after several weird seconds and did a maha awkward nomoshkar of my own and wondered: "what the hey?!"

7 comments:

coffee stain said...

nomoshkar.........

and i still haven't won :(

What's In A Name ? said...

chheletir ki lombaa lomba chuul ??? fotographer ??? By any chance! :P

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

hahahaha!!!...
What the hey....still does not sound right...!!! :P

Llama said...

@ Coffee
Maybe you are not lucky winner.

@ WIAN?
No lomba chul. Probably not fotographer. You know someone like that?

@ Moo
Gimme a Poojo line dude!

loony girl said...

boyfriends may come and boyfriends may go...
i like!

onnesha said...

i like nomoshkar over pronaam when it comes to getting introduced to elderly people.but nomoshkar a guy my age?i wud rather smack him for it!

causticji said...

I distinctly remember having commented on this one, something about the "nomoshkar" :|

Maybe he was skeptical - were your hands clean? :P