Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 33

The thunder and lightning kept me away from the computer last night. But what I want to know is how Prasun Mukherjee got himself entangled in the plastic sheets. I wasn't watching the match yesterday, so I would really like to know how on earth he got there.

I'm really not in the mood to type today. Though my story finally got approved. It will probably get uploaded tomorrow. Will put up link then.

Am wondering what to read next. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Though I am kinda veering towards the pulp writers of the world. Light, quick, and more-or-less brainless reads are what I'm looking for. But don't suggest Chetan Bhagat please. Have a mental block against his books for some unknown, inexplicable reason.

8 comments:

onnesha said...

chetan bhagat is ok if u are thinking of clearing ur mind of things.and i did compulsively buy the third book but i havent been able to go beyond page 10.not that i tried to,anyway.
try childhood stuff.enid blyton.richmal crompton.peps me up everytime:)

ad libber said...

try sue townsend. she is getting me through the exam blues at present. and if enid blyton, try five findouters. I always fall in love with Fatty whenever I read it.

onnesha said...

yes yes.fatty.and they were WAY better than famous five.secret seven were more real,i should think.they had a club and ate a lot of cookies in their club meetings and had a dog.oh and they did solve mysteries which were credible unlike what the famous five did.

Shutapa Paul said...

I completely disagree... I think The Famous Five rocked especially Timmy, the dog...

Llama said...

Thanks for all the suggestions to return to Enid Blyton and equivalent. I picked up a Stephen King instead. :P

Personally though, I'm with Shutapa. The Famous Five was my favourite detective bunch. Especially Timmy the dog.

Gaurav said...

this is really different from the stuff the others recommended, try the "jitterbug perfume" by tom robbins. ought to turn even the worst bad hair day into a laugh maniacally day. i quote - As to the quality of the beer we cannot testify - perhaps a taste of it today would leave us sadder Budweiser.

now go read, and be happy

onnesha said...

duh uh.famous five were larger than life.a few juvenile kids discovering long hidden dungeons and such things?
pocha.

causticji said...

Chuck Palahniuk.