Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 21

And I assume the blog-daily habit has been formed. Yay! :)

No weird lizard/other reptile/insect coincidences happened today though I double-checked the area around my office CPU before settling down on the chair. Legs were placed safely on the chair, away from any camouflage-master garden lizards.

Lunch was Chicken Wanton Noodle Soup and Chilli Roast Pork (dry). Met the mother. Took off to pick up the sister from a b'day party at Forum. And...

And :) ... found a tee that I fell in love with at first sight. It's a little big, but who cares... it's red in the front and striped at the back and says "Rock Queen" amidst a bunch of other music-related graffiti. Haven't studied the tee properly yet, but Sugababes finds mention on it -- of that I'm sure.

I like that it's been raining every evening since yesterday. Today I got wet because Ma and I had to run up to cover the bird cages on the terrace. Here is a picture of the birdcage by yours truly:

As luck would have it, the power went off just seconds before the storm, and I had to go rescue this man who got stuck in the lift (Read: call the darwan to unlock the lift). It was his fault for coming to meet Ma at a time when she had specifically told him not to. I guess he's going to do away with his late-evening visits from now on. Thereafter, I had to scramble up the stairs in the dark by which time the rain had already started. As it turns out, Ma is better at covering the birds than I am, so I was left shining the torch while Ma did all the hard work.

There was something else that I wanted to type about, but it has completely slipped my mind. So adios for the time being. And for all in Kolkata, enjoy the Nor'westers while they last.

7 comments:

dreamy said...

it rained everyday? :O

where do you stay?!

Gaurav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gaurav said...

hi! first time an unknown person visited and left a comment. on my blog. which i`ve forgotten to give a snazzy title to. and i would like to continue that conversation elsewhere...

and i garnered that you likey birdies. which is good. as long as they are not pigeons. i dint however read through the full blog to get your idea behind the daily posts. is it a diary? and i like the looks of your blog (for obvious reasons heh). you write refreshingly different from the other blogs i`ve gone through. nice work!

Amazing Graze said...

wow, you can find things to write about everyday!!!
yesterday's rain was nice, especially with the power cut minutes before the storm kicked in. its always better to watch the rain in the dark. :)

onnesha said...

wow.u saved a man's life.rescued the birds.went shopping.had good food.went to work.drew very cryptic images of the bird's cage.and probably more that you forgot to mention.someone ought to appreciate you for multitasking,woman!:D

Llama said...

@ Dreamy
It rained for 2 days: "everyday since yesterday"... that's yesterday and the day before.

@ Gaurav
Aha! So I am your first unknown blog comment poster :D

I don't have an opinion on pigeons, but the birds in question are budgies.

This is not really a diary (I have one of those for more personal stuff), but I tend to forget interesting incidents... blogging daily is just another way to commit 'em to memory.

PS: Is this a courtesy comment? :P

@ Amazing Greys
Rain in the dark is very cool. Sadly, I was too busy trying to rescue man from lift and covering birdcage to actually enjoy the rain in the dark. By the time we'd finished, the lights were back on, and I was drenched (though I did like being drenched in non-monsoon season).

@ Onnesha
You make me sound so cool :D :D :D
(But that man wouldn't have died y'know.. it wasn't one of those lifts where no air passes through. This was one of those rather ancient and less claustrophobic ones with collapsable gates.)

Gaurav said...

next time i`ll comment because i really liked the post :D
(disregarding this one)
stay away from pigeons. they are bad...
cheers!