Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 30

And this calls for a chocolate cake from Cakes (the one next to Kookie Jar on Rawdon Street). I will pick one up on Saturday.

I am feeling very goodlooking today. Very very. The haircut rocks man! It's not as Bon Jovi as it was last year. Actually, it's a non-Bon-Jovi replica of last year's cut, but looks very very pretty :D Am my own biggest fan today :D

Today has been a very long day, but it ended well. Had company on way back home yet again... though from time to time I do like going it alone. (During those stressful days in M'bai, my two-hour commute doubled up as me-time, and I usually went back home feeling all is right with the world. Nothing like a long, solitary bus ride or a leisurely walk to clear the mind or a ride in a radio-loving auto rickshaw to bring the music back into your head.)

Now, barely two minutes after getting on to the auto, the streetlights went off. Powercut! And it covered a pretty large area. Ma called from home to find out if I was by any chance stuck in the lift. I was not. I was seated in an auto on Freeschool Street.

The loadshedding lasted throughout the journey. And then I spied with my not-so-leeteel eyes, lightning. Rain rain, stay away, at least until I get home. The little droplets started letting go of their cloudy abode almost immediately, but only two and three at a time, and these glided down rather than crash to the ground pulled by the evil force of gravity. The brilliant thing was that this lasted till just after I opened the door and walked into home-sweet-home. A minute and a half later, there was much rain, albeit short-lived.

Oh, and the power cut? The lights came back the minute I reached my building gate. :)

So all's well that ends well.

And did I mention that the new haircut rocks? :P

10 comments:

onnesha said...

wen will the cool non-bon jovi look be flashed on thee's blog?

(pay no heed to coffee stain.me be very innocuous little thing.me being very straight here.just that i REALLY want to see how you look!)

What's In A Name ? said...

why not post a fotuu ???

coffee stain said...

and i quote

"just that i REALLY want to see how you look!

in all caps..... sheesh not that i mind that is..... the picture become all the more colorful

onnesha said...

@coffee stain-ooofff snoopy you.shutupshutupshutup.

Llama said...

@ Onn
I should put up before and after pictures in that case. The change isn't terribly drastic. Though the "REALLY" is slightly freaky :P

@ WIAN?
Fotus seem to be in demand. But I ain't terribly fotugenic. My own fotus depress me from time to time.

@ Coffee
You are a such a guy!!

onnesha said...

wtf man.u REALLy wouldnt have realised the "REALLY" had it not been for that pesky coffee stain.
ke bolechhe "daag achhe hotey hain"?
this stain sucks:|

coffee stain said...

i what?!
the audacity..... i was just pointing out the obvious..... i have not exaggerated a bit..... onn go frig off...she said what she said... and the fact being she hasn't denied any of it! called me snoopy.... which is cool.... but really..... be aware..

Llama said...

@ Onn
I noticed the REALLY anyway.. The mind is such :P

@ Coffee
Your fighting with Onn on my blog is a good thing for me... It increases the number of comments :P Please fight more often...

causticji said...

Actually u look a lot like Marty Friedman.

Travelling alone esp. in B'bay - bittersweet, isn't it?

Rains are definitely much more fun to experience from a safe zone - although getting stuck on the streets does have its benefits, blog-wise.

Oh and power cuts suck.

onnesha said...

@coffee stain-being called snoopy is cool?
i always maintained that you guys are weird.i am just wondering how much.