Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 34

My dog died last night. So this is not going to be a long post. I'm not even going to wax eloquent and launch into a funeral speech. I'm not in the mood for that. Instead, here's a picture of Cindy the Dachshund:

This was coming for awhile now. And Ma was glad that she could bury her in a nice place. In fact, at the cemetry, they even gave her a letter from Cindy that went like this:

My dearest Master,

I am lucky to have had a Master who loved me enough to see that I was laid to rest with dignity. The word "interweb" has become fashionable these days. There is, however, a Cosmic Interweb of Souls which cuts across the barriers of this world, and this is what brought me into your home & heart...

I lived to bring you joy, to get your love and give you all I had, in my own funny way. Now, I am gone and you live on. For the love I bore you, and for the love you have for me and for the interweb which binds all beings, I make this parting plea:

"Live for those who love you,
For those that think you true,
For the heaven that is above you,
And the hope you have in view,
For the cause that needs assistance,
For the wrongs that need resistance,
For the future in the distance,
And the good that you can do."

Your loving pet,
Cindy
Date: 20/05/08


P.S.: We never did go to a breeder to buy Cindy. She was on her way to being abandoned when Ma decided to keep her for a few days, till things worked out in her original home. But things never did work out there and Cindy stayed on with us and became a part of our family. She will be missed.

4 comments:

coffee stain said...

shucks :(

Sharon said...

Thanks Pooj......that was beautiful.

onnesha said...

...

hug:)

causticji said...

Parting with the dog is painful. Leaves you feeling sad like nothing else. Be strong. Play your guitar :)