Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 25

Yay! In another 25 days it will be Day 50 and less than a week before my happy b'day to me! :D

Tomorrow all us folks from office are going out for dinner at 5.30 p.m. Yeah, it does give early dinners a run for their money, and I'm not convinced we'll be served food at that time, but the people on my team come from places like Chandernagore (is that the spelling?) and Habra (is that it?). I think I'm supposed to dress up a little (just a little) better and go. Did I mention that I mostly dislike dressing up?

Btw... I am slowly but surely becoming opinionated - a great leap forward for a completely non-opinionated person. Today I was upset at SRK's not performing because it is Robi Tagore's birthday and because his Bollywood jhatkas would be against our culture. What made it worse was that people at office (well, person actually) agreed that King Khan dancing to Woh haseena woh neelam pari would be uncultural. Jaata! Not like Robi Dadu was a Jesus Christ or a Prophet Mohammad or something to that effect.

Bongs and their preoccupation with the ancient past. I'm sure Robi Dadu himself would have liked partying at Venom and shaking his beard to the tunes of Dard-e-Disco. More importantly, I think business is far more important than culture (Generalizing dangerously, but don't take it out of context). And SRK dancing is bound to bring in far more moolah (NOT the blogger) than local artistes putting in their two-paise bit. Uff! Bongs and their kaalchaar!

On a different note, I got wet in the rain. Again. This year, barring twice, I have managed to get wet each time it has rained. I think this will end up being a good year, and by the time December 31 comes around, I can look back and sigh in joy. And then I'll go grab some Thunderbolt beer at Oly. Or wherever.

Btw... given that we are all gung-ho about the blog-meet-to-be, there's an example of a blog meet on ParisDailyPhoto. Check the 8 Mai 2008 entry (individual posts are non-clickable). If only we weren't meeting in the height of summer and Kolkata were Paris, we could have gone on a nice scenic picnic armed with lotsa food, Pepsi, and more.

6 comments:

onnesha said...

oh WOW.
such happy shiny people those are.
(mull over paris and the blog meet that happenned.riverside,beer,nice weather...)
and that eric managed a whoping 88 comments.not bad,eh?
if we are ever having this meet,i bet dreamy would do the same.blog the moment she reaches home:P
and dreamy baby,i assure you there would be an a-m-a-z-i-n-g footfall.you would outnumber eric,fosho!

What's In A Name ? said...

Moi got drenched too....... but *sigh* can't write such good rojnamchas like you.

Robi-dadu swaying his beard to dard-e-disco !!???? The Culture-Vultures would be after you in no time! Be very scared!

Anonymous said...

Robi Thakur probably would die if he lived to see the condition our state is in..btw, I totally wanted to see SRK perform and am really pissed that he ddin't...

(Thanx for visiting my blog)

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

more moolah...!!!!!
yah babeh yah babeh..!!!
More and more moolah!!!!

Llama said...

@ Onn
That Eric was recently featured as a Blog of Note. That's why the whopping 88 comments. He has quite a fan following.
I agree that Dreamy would be the first to do that blog. And she'll be gushing for days about the "a-m-a-z-i-n-g footfall" :D

@ WIAN?
Now that your sems are over, you should start with some rojnamchas.

And shit! I thought I was too small a fish for the culture-vultures to chase me. I'm scared. Very scared.

@ Inihos
SRK hasn't performed theek se once also. I too am somewhat pissed!!

@ Moolah
Moolah gone mad Mad MAd MAD!

onnesha said...

@moolah-megalomaniac kothakar.puro lekhatay oitai peli khuje?