Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 42

And today was shopping day :D

I'm not much of a happy shopper most days of the year. Am more like a speed-shopper (y'know, like speed-racer and speed-reader) -- blitz into the store, pick up random clothes, vanish (though I usually pay the bill before pulling the vanishing act).

Today however, things were different. Ma wanted a shirt. And we went from rack to rack and from store to store in search of the ideal one which remained invisible right till 5 o'clock (we started at 2 o'clock -- though we took a coffee break in between... Swiss Mocha Frappe again... I'm so in love with that). Ma was very pleased with me for tagging along and not grumbling. She eventually found a shirt, and then it was time for window shopping (Read: trying out clothes that I would probably never end up wearing even though I look wistfully at them each time). So I tried on all kindsa party-wear that I will never buy even though I eye them. Ma offered to buy me one... but I don't want to own something that I'll never wear a second time (assuming that I do wear it the first time).

But I did try on this very pretty dress (Rs. 1500) at ColourPlus. It looked bhery preeety. But sadly, I don't get invited to cocktail parties... else I would've bought it.

After shopping and window-shopping, it was grocery shopping time. And at the billing counter at Food Bazar there was this weird man who was maha upset that the girl at the counter charged him Rs.34 instead of the MRP of Rs.36. He refused to be glad about the 2-buck discount and threatened to go to the manager. Some people are just crazy.

Have eaten a lot of chicken today and two Pepsis. Have walked like crazy. Bought contact lens solution (which always makes me feel poor). Ate chicken-and-veggies for dinner and followed it up with dahi vada for desert. Life is weird.

7 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

wtf,he went to the manager?????

onnesha said...

hahahah.wat a funny weirdo!
and u eat a lot.and shop a lot.u be rich and foodie,yet no fat.
luckkkkkyy you(total maru style)

exhaling smoke said...

dahi vada for desert.....
jaata.... i can have that like anytime

dreamy said...

haha, contact lense solution always leaves us poorer! :D

coffee stain said...

dahi vada for desert.....
jaata.... i can have that like anytime

damn shutter bug....took my line

Llama said...

@ Moolah
Well, he threatened to. I dunno if he actually ended up going.

@ Onn
Very weird. I no rich. I no shop a lot (though this month I have). But I do eat a lot. And no fat. Luckkkkkyy me (tottal maru style :P)

@ Shutter bug
Sure, you can have that like anytime. But do you?

@ Dreamy
Inflation is a terrible thing especially when it affects us folks who can't see without some help. Shouldn't we all have a fundamental right to sight?

@ Coffee stain
Must be the black magic at work :P

causticji said...

Shopping for oneself is great therapy.

Shopping in general is strictly okay.

Shopping with a girl is migraine.

No offence :P