Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 36

And I have a bad case of the sniffles. My nose has swelled up into a christmas-tree ball and its constantly dripping snort. I wonder how so much stuff can be stocked inside 2 little nostril spaces. Excuse the grossness.

For a change I didn't get wet in the rains today. So yay! For a change I finished work early today, though I dilly-dallied for awhile after that too. So yay again!

I think I'm finally buying that guitar tomorrow. I will draw money in the morning, deposit the salary cheque (it was delayed from office for some processing mistake... and then I forgot to deposit it last week... it's still sitting put inside the India Today in the drawer in the cupboard).

Gawd, my nose is dripping so much I can barely look down at the keyboard. There should be a common cold vaccine. I was reading somewhere that there are so many different types of flu and that the flu virus is so adaptable that it is very difficult to isolate one strain immunise a person against it. But they've been going through the flu DNA to figure out some common link. Maybe a day will come when common cold viruses will be an extinct species.

That's it for today. Tomorrow's post may be a little late, but it will arrive unless the girls' evening out overstretches its curfew and becomes a girls' night out. But all indications suggest that I'll be home by ten-thirty and will have enough time to whack out post number 37.

6 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

Of all people I am sure No one knows the rigors of The Common Cold more than me. Moreover I got all drenched today. Might be a looong weekend for me if the Cold God strikes. :(


hoppin off to ur article now

What's In A Name ? said...

daarun hoyechhe article-ta!

onnesha said...

advanced yaayness on ur guitar purchase:)
and u be a total masochist!i would never prefer a vaccine to get rid of my cold.thankyou.but pliss,NO thank you.

Llama said...

@ WIAN?
I will hope and pray that you do not catch the common cold. Everyone at office has been sniffling as it is.

Glad you liked the article. :D

@ Onn
You prefer sniffling so many months in the year to getting a vaccine?

Oh... and I did end up buying the guitar!

onnesha said...

yaay again.on ur guitar purchase.NOT on ur running nose,just incase:|
and yes.i would rather prefer a snotty running nose all year long than have to take a shot.infact,there indeed WAS a time when i had a perennially running nose.thank god,i have recuperated now.but inshallah,if i ever were to go back to those days,i would happily live with it,then take a shot.

causticji said...

Reading a diary-esque blog in reverse chronology is trippy :D

Have you seen that Dexter episode when the flu strikes? :P