Saturday, May 3, 2008

Day 20

Another day, another lizard. Except that this one was dead -- half-eaten actually -- and we spent a while trying to figure out what this blob of meat was. Very ughs! [Makes puke sounds]. It freaked me out for a bit: Madman, scorpion, garden lizard, again scorpion, dead lizard remains -- all on almost consecutive days. It's got to mean something!

A wise woman, my mother, said, the coming of ants and other biting insects = the enemy is close at hand; the coming of reptiles = the advent of evil. This spate of weird coincidences is being blamed partly on my non-religiousness and partly on the misdeeds of an enemy (identity unknown as of now).

On a less reptilinear topic: It was Ma's b'day today. She opened presents. We went for lunch at BarBQ. Nappy [photo left] was mistaken to be the birthday girl and got not one, but two balloons! It's good to be a kid.

6 comments:

onnesha said...

they still blow balloons for kids at barBQ?that just made me a very happy creature:)we used to go there for baba's bhaiphontar khawadawa.and they gave me a balloon each time.somebody pliss shrink me down.i want a balloon too:D

Angry Voices said...

You're inspiring me to go for the whole a blog a day thingy. It might be as shortlived as the half eaten lizard though. Hmm.. whoever had that would either have to be extremely hungry, or totally unaware of the foamy froth from fissures due to the poison..

I love F-ing around :|

As for khisti... a balloon in time saves mine

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

u have been voodoo-d ..be careful!!!..BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!

dreamy said...

I repeat.

The universe is trying to tell you something.

Llama said...

@ Onn
They have this bunch of balloons for decorative purposes. Everytime a kid comes along, one of those balloons gets separated from the herd and handed to the kid. I don't think they have a dedicated balloon blower who starts huffing and puffing each time a kid blows in.

@ Angry Voices
Please do the blog a day thingy. Most days I end up reading my own posts again coz I've already read everyone else's.

The cat ate the lizard. That much is certain from the amount of puke that surfaced from her today.

@ Moo
I too think I've been voodooed :'(

@ Dreamy
I repeat.

What is the universe trying to tell me?

onnesha said...

the cat ate the lizard?what kind of surreal realm do u reside in?