Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 44

I’m tired. I’m sleepy. I can’t think straight. This is what happens the morning after. The morning after a night out that is.

There was chicken, and music, and booze, and many drunk people who gave rise to stories that I'm keeping aside for a later date. Like I said, I’m tired and sleepy and can’t think straight. Slept for barely thirty to forty minutes last night. That too, rather fitfully. Dreamily heard folks mentioning how hard I was trying to sleep unsuccessfully, and felt overpowered by the pressure to pull off a sleeping beauty. Couldn't take the load. Gave up, got up and stayed awake, albeit a little zombie-like, thereafter.

I look hungover. Minus the dope, the booze, the acid pills. The things lack of sleep can do to a girl.

I somehow sleepwalked (sleepsat rather) through my Sunday morning office work. Having managed somewhat, I put my head on the table and had the whole office spinning around me. Like in the song.

The ACs were non-functioning as usual. This being a Sunday. The 3rd floor loo was shut. So had to take the lift to the 2nd floor toilet. It's almost like going to another building for a loo trip.

Added at 10 p.m.: Moori having formed today's special breakfast item, I was hungry all morning, till I finally could take it no longer and stole part of Shreya's tiffin from right under her nose. Lunch happened at four with Ma. Soup and chilli pork roast. Then bag shopping for the mother -- which got over quick, quick, quick. Then juice near house. Then house. Then sleep. Then dinner. Chicken. Again.

8 comments:

loony girl said...

love the chickeny bits
and want the acid as well
how goood is it, never was brave enuf to indulge in it myself.. bt wantto sosososososo bad!
better thn weed/hash?

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

acid pills chilo kothaye????!!!!!
and there were no stories as well!!!!!
And i wasnt drunk!!! :-P

coffee stain said...

acid?! :O
koi i missed acid in my own house... not that i needed it :P
still zonked!

onnesha said...

u eat lots.
and u eat good!

What's In A Name ? said...

june 2nd ki off day gelo ??? :D

Nymph said...

did we bore you that much??

~~sad~~

rijula.

Anonymous said...

i am expecting a rave surprise party post real soon.incidentally,incase u dont know i was present in park street when ur surprise party took place.and i could have come over(read,really really wanted to) but nobody invited me,so...
:P

Llama said...

@ Solo
Chicken always rocks.

And I haven't seen or smelt acid. And I don't think I will anytime. So wrong person to ask.

@ Moo
Acid pills chilo na. Just stressing that I was hungover minus the things that make you hungover.

@ Coffee
Again, there were no acid pills in your house. I didn't expect for you to get zonked.

@ Onn
I do :D

@ WIAN?
Blogger khulchilo na last night. Sadly.

@ Nymph
On the contrary, I was not bored at all. Don't be sad you.

@ Onn
You shudda gatecrashed :P Really really.

Surprise party post tomorrow. Probably with some pics.