Thursday, June 26, 2008

Day 64

One long off-day this.

Was woken up by call from boss who wanted to send me to a movie premiere, which I agreed to go to, but later realized coming back would be a problem. So from 7 to 10 I vegged out in front of the TV and then the computer. Finished watching What happened in Vegas. It has Ashton Krutcher and Cameroon Diaz in the lead.

The day began with a hilarious dream involving Madz, me and Rishi. Here it comes:

Madz and I were going around the city in a cab in search of a loo. This was at night, and by the time we found Rishi, it was morning. Luckily, he found us a loo. Smelly, dirty, and you had to queue up to use it, but a loo is a loo is a loo after all. Funnily enough, this 50-yr-old-ish Bong lady and her husband who were obviously travelling, were trying to drag their humongous, black VIP suitcase into that tiny, smelly loo -- for fear of theft we assumed.

After our loo trip, Rishi could not be found. As it turns out, he was standing atop a concrete structure which consisted of several flights of stairs leading to nowhere. Imagine a car park in a mall where there is no place to park, just a path to go up or down. Kinda like a concrete suicide point. Of course, Rishi wasn't contemplating suicide; he was enjoying the breeze.

We were tired, Madz and me, so Rishi decided to take us to relax at his place. Importantly, 'his place' was a storeroom in the mall behind the concrete suicide point. Not high enough to stand up straight in, though Moo might just about manage. Surprisingly, the mall management had no idea that our Rishi Roy had moved in to one of their unused storerooms. Plus, it had an attached loo.

Once at Rishi's place, it was time for a movie. Madz made a movie request and headed to the loo. (The loo seems to be the star of this early morning dream) I asked, "Can't we watch Who framed Roger Rabbit?" And Rishi said, "Sure we can, except that Madz has already chosen a movie." "And which movie is this," asked I. And he flipped through some CD covers to show me our movie of the day: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.

That's pretty much when I woke up, grinning.

Okay, so the dream was much funnier while I was sleeping, but the first thing I promised myself was that I'd record it here. So here you are.

Did meet Madz today. Ma, me, sis and Madz went for lunch together. New Cathay. Coke, fresh lime soda, mixed chowmein (gravy) and chilli chicken, followed by sundaes at Hobby Centre. Then there was juice and puchka (I had just one puchka though). Dinner of aloo-potol bhaja followed, with mishti doi landing up at the fag end of the day.

This is a very long post, and I will stop now, but not before announcing that I finally have my official email ID in place. Yay.

And while you're at it, read this: Oh! Kolkata takes some getting used to (It's by the new English intern at office. She writes pretty darn well if I say so myself. I'm jealous.)

11 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

I love the Vegas movie too!!

Madhurima said...

just to let everybody know, i quite hate kuch kuch hota hai!!

dreamy said...

True.
That was a hilarious dream.
And rishi has "his place" inside the shopping mall unused room...that too with an attached loo!

=))

loony girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loony girl said...

what lovly images of rishi are being shared with us... khek khek!!

onnesha said...

i am jealous too.
that woman writes very graphically.
hhrrmpphh.

What's In A Name ? said...

tomaar colleague to fatafaati lekhey!

ami ekti loba-chowra comment-o korlaam. kintu post hoyechhe kina dekhalo na. Ki mushkill!!!! :|

Now I have 2 reasons to visit ur site. :)

coffee stain said...

kuch kuch hota hai ?!
sheesh.... jaata
just for the record... i have no such fillum....

'his place' was a storeroom in the mall behind the concrete suicide point... ki vivid :D

Llama said...

@ Moo
Poo loves Vegas moo-vie too.

@ Madz
I always thought you liked it :O

@ Dreamy
The attached loo is its USP. :D

@ Solo
Rishi Roy must be pleased :D

@ Onn
Thankoo for agreeing. It's not fair I tell you.

@ WIAN?
Worry not. Comments are moderated. You should see it by tomorrow.

@ Coffee
I'm usually not this good with directions.

Okay.. so you don't have KKHH. Do you have 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?', since that's what I wanted to watch...

Sam said...

lmao... god what a dream... and put rishi through dat... and of all things loo??? lol...

Llama said...

@ Sam
Put Rishi through that? He likes being in the spotlight!