Saturday, June 14, 2008

Day 53

So I'm back, from a hectic, stressful trip with a serious sleep disorder. Tonight, I'm off to sleep super early in the hope of making up on all the sleep I lost out on.

M'bai wasn't even half as rainy as the prophet-of-doom news channels had us thinking. The weather was nice. Humidity wasn't too high. And we didn't need the boats. I was in just the right frame of mind to go exploring, but sadly, there just wasn't enough time. But I did get much work done. Though much remains undone.

In bullet points, stuff I did since my last post:
  • Slept on flight to B'bay (usually ami pat-pat kore takiye thaki).
  • Got nostalgia attack on reaching B'bay.
  • Hung out (yes, hung out, had tea) with former boss.
  • Waited for 5 hours while Mom, sis and sis gave Visa interview. 5 hours. I aged much in those 300 minutes. Didn't even have a book to read. Spoke to a lady. Sat around with blank expression on face. Wondered why I had worn my lenses which banned me from grabbing a snooze. But on the bright side, they got the Visa. So yay.
  • Changed e-ticket date from Friday to Saturday. Got scared about credit card fraud when the confirmation didn't come in and the call centre guy seemed the biggest stupid ever. But all's well that ends well. Ma's credit card is still untouched (touch wood). And I reached without a glitch this morning. Slept throughout the 3.5 hour flight to Kol.
  • Walked all over Univ. Took a pic of a gecko.
  • Met Moon at Fort. Had lunch at Mondy's (first time for both of us). Too much food. We ate till we were ready to puke. But the garlic bread rocked.
  • Shopped at Colaba. Bought lotsa bangles. A skirt. A tee. Oshos. And all so cheap. I was loving it, McDonald's ishtyle.
  • Hung around to meet me best friend Smita Padmanabhan. She has been privy to much juicy gossip about me courtesy chaddi buddy Chomu Kunda. I cleared it all out. Do not ask what the juicy gossip is. I will not tell.

This is just the tip of the iceberg though. More details as and when I remember. Now I'm off to get some sleep. I've been missing out on essential snores in recent times. I wouldn't mind some chocolate about now though.

9 comments:

onnesha said...

u be superwoman!catch up on ur sleep.seesm like u havent caught a wink in all these days.
u had even made time to meet up with the former boss?
:O
u really be superwoman.
cheerios.

Sam said...

nice account!! but 3.5 hrs to kol from mumbai??? which godforsaken flight were u on???

btw, i find it really useful to sleep during flights!! especially teh mumbai-kolkata one!!

Roy said...

M'bai wasn't even half as rainy as the prophet-of-doom news channels had us thinking.

Right, I get tired to ake ppl to understabnd this!

They dont even know, news channel is good to "KNOW" the information not to "GATHER" informnation.

But still, as per rain is concern kolkata is much better position.

Cheers!

dreamy said...

whats the juicy Gossip..? :P

I wants to know..pls pls tell no? :D

Llama said...

@ Onn
I caught up on some sleep last night. Will catch up on several more winks after this post. Hanging out with ex-boss was lotsa fun. Yes, sometimes I feel like superwoman.

@ Sam
Thankee :)
It was a connecting flight via Bhubaneshwar. Hence the extra hour.

@ Roy
Aye, Kol is much cooler in the rains.

@ Dreamy
I won't tell. I said I won't. And I won't. Not until the time is right :D

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Ei gossip amio shunte chai!!!!!

Llama said...

@ Moo
Copy-pasted from reply to Dreamy:
"I won't tell. I said I won't. And I won't. Not until the time is right."

coffee stain said...

whens the time rite ?! aami o shunbo...... :P

Llama said...

@ Coffee
I'm not telling. Don't get curiouser.