Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 59

Today started off well. I slept till almost nine. Ate a good breakfast. I have pinky sworn to Onn that I will not blog about food so often. So I will leave the breakfast menu for some other day.

Post breakfast, I did some writing. And listened to Banana Pancakes (the song) at least 7 times, back to back. I get obsessive about favourite songs.

Work at twelve. That's when I heard I have to go cover Dabur Gulabari Sananda Tilottama '08. And since we lost the other invite, it would have to be just me. Sigh.

I was supposed to take a lot of pictures also, but my camera conked at the last minute. Flash wouldn't come on. So no pics of the event. But that's what the photographers are there for. To click away.

On the bright side, I got to sit in the Press seats. And I got a pad, a file, and a pen. All free. :D The pen I am most happy about :D

Pageants are not for me. I don't like the clothes or the questions. The girls are mostly not half as goodlooking as you'd want them to be. Even girls like looking at pretty girls, so if a beauty pageant just has a bunch of cute girls from next door, even I end up looking at the exit and wondering if I'll get a cab home if it gets too late.

The Bombay Vikings singer was there to provide the entertainment while the babes all went to change from one sequinned outfit to another. But he messed up 'Kya soorat hai' and I was very upset with him after that. He sang a bunch of other songs, but the man from Sweden kept drinking water and going off-key a little too frequently.

The last two rounds were a breeze with no super dumb answers. I was pleasantly surprised. And then, once the winners were announced... my favourite came 2nd, Shreya's favourite came 3rd, it was time to move. The guard outside The Sonar very sweetly caught me a cab.. I suppose that's part of his job. And I came home superfast.

I have decided to not be a journo for too long. It doesn't go with the temperament. I have also decided not to participate in a beauty contest ever. Not like they are waiting with bated breath to select me, but in case they were, I would not try out.

8 comments:

onnesha said...

i am surprised you expected anything out of that viking guy.he is a sad case.and his accent just about manages to drive me up the wall.
and thankee for not mentioning food this time.i feel better already:D

Madhurima said...

shotti. ur hight is such a waste. the modelling world cries. sigh.

:D

Sam said...

dunno much abt modelling as for tilottama.. don't really have a high regard for it.. honestly..

and den.. neeraj.... he is gone.. no longer good for live performances... recording is a diff story.. i skip shows where is supposed to perform.. or rather alwys give him the miss after being disspointed once years ago.. i hear he hasn't improved... and it seems its true!

dreamy said...

Banana Pancakes.. Me loves that song too.It makes me feel very hungry every time I listen to it... for obvious reasons...but thats a good thing!

Oh, and thanks for clearing some doubts I've always had about myself regarding the "staring at pretty girls" thing.

ad libber said...

onn, I owe you one for this.
Dont all models look the same to you? I could not really differentiate unless one had really curly hair or something.

coffee stain said...

tilottama :D is a farce..... it is it is it is.....
i mean i oppose to the whole deal.. its exploitation i say.... but then meyera aaro shundor hole aami eto kichu boltam na.....
and hobe....boi o hobe... pool o hobe and ghum o....
hobe
sigh

Llama said...

@ Onn
My best friend and I used to be nuts about 'Kya soorat hai'. I was hoping for a nostalgia trip.

And you are welcome. It took a lot of restraint on my part.

@ Madz
If only I could trade in my height for your job, all would be right with my world.

@ Sam
Keep skipping those shows. Neeraj totally sucks man.

@ Dreamy
Somehow the song doesn't make me hungry. It makes me happy though. I like it :)

Most girls check out other pretty girls. We have an eye for the ladies. (Here I go dispensing wisdom to younglings. I am old. Sigh.)

@ Ad libber
Err.. I've been looking at the Tilottama girls ever since the entries came in. One of the guys in my department was working on the Tilo site. So I practically know them all by name :P

But generally, most models look the same. Aye.

@ Coffee
How is it exploitation? Pray explain.

Boi, pool and ghum. Yessir. Shob hobe. And poolside chicken sandwiches too.

onnesha said...

damn!there u go mentioning food again.hrrmmmpphh.