Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 63

Blogging daily is practically a habit now. I feel a little incomplete... adhoora sa... if I don't blog for a day. Plus, I jet off on an instant guilt trip as well.

Today has been a long, but surprisingly, not terribly tiring day. In fact, even though Wednesdays are my Saturdays during a six-day work week, I feel like I'm on a sprightly Tuesday. (That make sense?)

Did I mention that I've been singing in the auto and while walking down the road of late? I must be happy.

My best friend bought a guitar. A Grenada. Now we are best friend-best friend with guitar-guitar and don't know how to play-play.

Ma called me single-minded the other day. Which equals to focussed. This is the second time somebody has said that about me. To think that all these days I thought I was a scattered, flakey chick who wore torn Oshos and carried a jhola everwhere. If it wasn't raining, and I wasn't headed to office, I would still wear my Oshos everywhere.

The free makeover thing seems to have sprung up several look revamp-seekers. ILK (abbreviation for ilovekolkata, if you were wondering) is planning to have a makeover feature regularly. Keep an eye on this blog for future happenings.

I had puchkas today, after ages. I will sleep till 9 a.m tomorrow morning. It's my day off.

My horoscope yesterday said that my dating life is collecting crickets. It told me to join an online dating website. I haven't and I don't intend to. I like cricket and crickets.

Now, this may seem like unnecessary promos, but ILK has 2 good stories today (neither by me). One is Colour TV Day in Kolkata 'coz June 25, 1951 was the day the world’s first commercial television programme in colour was transmitted. The other story is Remembering the World Cup glory -- the take of city cricket buffs on the historic winning of the 1983 cricket World Cup, almost exactly a year before I was born.

Tomorrow Ma, Anjali, Madz and I are going for lunch to New Cathay. Expect a report on what I ate there.

10 comments:

onnesha said...

UGh!
food again.
mutter.mutter.mutter.

What's In A Name ? said...

New Cathay -ta jeno kothay ?????

Everything feels like so far away amidst my house arrested state! Damn! :x

coffee stain said...

house arrest.... oh don anyone dare and say house arrest... i have the only and only only only authority to be house arrested.... for a month! and hence am the only one who gets to bitch about it!!!!
you all hear tht buzz or it is just me....?!?!

Roy said...

“Now we are best friend-best friend with guitar-guitar and don't know how to play-play.”

;-) Maybe that’s why, you r best friend – best friend!

dreamy said...

i am leaving tomorrow.

no makeover for me :(

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

lol!!!..
abar food report!!! lol!!!
hehehe.....
Ive seen u singing twice,and i must say its really pleasant to 'look'... :-P
Sigh,watta naaice habit!

Sam said...

honestly!! am jealous... i mean raelly really jealous!!!! ah anywyz.. am off for the day.. and early to bed today.. need dat sleep badly!!

Llama said...

@ Onn
Only 1 food paragraph. Promise.

@ WIAN?
New Cathay at Grand Hotel Arcade. Good place.

Get well soon. Get well soon.

@ Coffee
Err.. WIAN? went to hospital and got stitches on his foot. I think his case is slightly stronger this time around.

About the buzz... is that you?

@ Roy
I agree. It must be that's why.

@ Dreamy
Will meet you on my next trip to Bbay. Whenever that happens.

@ Moo
I happen to sing rather well when I'm not playing the fool. Not just 'look' pleasant :P

@ Sam
You probably have your Sundays off. I work on Sundays. Sigh.

What's In A Name ? said...

haaaaaaaaaan. mone porechhe. varnished wood door. Grand Arcade!


thakooozzz... :)

Sam said...

oh yes.. i got my saturdays and sundays off!!