Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 47 and 48

This is to bring the blog up-to-date. Missing a day is usually not a problem unless the day is an overpoweringly happening one. And Days 45 and 46 weren't the types that you can dispense with in a paragraph or two. Thankfully, the last two days have been fairly boring. I worked so much and so hard yesterday that I was actually wondering what I did with myself last evening. The answer: I worked myself to amnesia.

Today was a bandh. This morning it rained. Normal people would have woken up in the morning, shut the window to keep out the rain, smiled in sleepy joy, then turned over and gone back to sleep for three to four hours.

I am not normal people. I woke up, shut the window to keep out the rain, smiled in sleepy joy, then turned over and slept fitfully for barely another hour. Media whore you see. I had office. The white ambassador with a press tag came to pick me up from the police station a few buildings away. And off I went. Wasted the whole day (from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.) at an air-contioned (Read: freeeeeezing) beige-painted office room with a lizard peeking out from behind Shreya's computer. Some day, a future prospective employer shall ask: "What challenges did you face in your last office?" Answer: "We had to deal with slimy reptiles of various kinds... Not all of them were human."

6 comments:

coffee stain said...

"We had to deal with slimy reptiles of various kinds... Not all of them were human."

finally a good joke...... there is hope i see :D

What's In A Name ? said...

' not all human' ??!!????

Boss wouldn't be too pleased to read this.

coffee stain said...

?!

@ cia
dude are the recruits gettin more lame by the year..... if this is the quality o volunteers..... we shall always reign supreme (evil laugh).... but sadly ei (mossad er)legacy ta carry korar jonno chaap hobe!

onnesha said...

the lizards love you.period.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

and i love lizards.they kill bugs.they are third-most faithful to men.first being dog and second being monkeys.

Llama said...

@ Coffee
:D It's all the positive impact of the sangati you see. *bows*

@ WIAN?
The boss was never included in the list of reptiles. Just for the record.

@ Coffee
Why this sudden hunt for recruits?

@ Onn
Maybe I should date a lizard. There are tons of cute ones around anyway.

@ Moo
It's inspired by you.

@ Moo
Amen to that.