Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day 62

Okay, so I'm done with the forms. Some questions left include: What major reversals have you experienced in your professional/personal life? What are your expectations from this company? Outline your ambitions, aspirations and values.

How do you answer those things??

Forms are crazy things. That's a universal truth. And don't you forget it.

An angrezi mem who is picking up Bengali joined office today. Out of the blue she asked me: Tomar baari kothaye. I was so thrown by that! Blonde, green eyes and Bong. Whattay combo.

It's hard to not write about food, but Onn threatened me with dire consequences if I do (She said she will stop being my loyal reader and commenting on every one of my posts. I'm scared).

Two of my stories got featured on the home page today. Both are rush-rush. Neither have my byline. But I wrote 'em (One on Dada and one on Lake Market) and I'm happy.

Madz has a terribly angry-looking smiley (angry smiley.. what an oxymoron) as her Gtalk display pic. I feel weird talking to her now.

Shreya and I are going for a free makeover. We are planning to start this makeover thing to feature on the website, and couldn't get people wanting makeovers, so we volunteered. It's just makeup and hair stuff. Makeup can be washed off. And hair, well even disastrous highlights grow out eventually. They may throw in a free tattoo as well. I'm wondering if I want one. Wish me luck.

Here are some lines that I came across while surfing the web. They don't go with the tone of the rest of the post, but they're beautiful:

"Everyone stands alone on the heart of the earth
transfixed by a sun ray:
and suddenly it is evening."

10 comments:

loony girl said...

forms are evil. all of them.. and why shall u stay away from writing about food?
food is good..
it should be written about.. and discussed in great detail!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

lol...i know!!!!
Madz smiley makes it weird to talk to her....hehehe..!!!!
I always get the feeling that she's scolding me or something!!! :P

What's In A Name ? said...

1.free tattoo ???? Doesn't sound like a good idea.

2.one arm-twisting loyal reader you have got! :P

3. You didn't post the 'winning answer' in your tilottoma post. :|

dreamy said...

ei I want a makeover.

Madhurima said...

u didnt get ppl to go for a free makeover?? like hello!! have u lost my fon no or sumthin???!!

@ moolah...very funny!

Sam said...

hehe.. dis form bugged u up??
wait till u start writing essays to aid into getting a B-school... the UK,US ones!!!
they suck the brain dry of all creativity and soon all that is left is crap!! in fact, reading as a habit mighth also desert you..
and soon you'd feel you standing in the middle of Sahara... you know there is an oasis a lil far away yet you can't find it.. coz u r gng around in circles!!!

ad libber said...

ooh ooh a tattoo, get one, get plenty, if you ever host some free tattoo thing can you please please ask me :(

onnesha said...

eijo woman!
u stop character assassinating me.
bhulbhal mohila.
i aint "arm-twisting" reader.
this one should be good,though!i mean free makeover?go for it,girl.but this time pliss put up pic on blog.u never put up pic of ur non-bon-jovi-look,remember?

Llama said...

@ Solo
I have one day a week to talk about food. Self-imposed ban this. And tomorrow is food day.

@ Moo
Heehee. Didimoni je. That's bound to happen.

@ WIAN?
1. I like the idea tho.
2. Thankoo thankoo :)
3. I didn't think she would win. I didn't note down the answer, and its tough to translate a Bengali answer that you don't remember into English.

@ Dreamy
When you leaving? ILK will be doing this more and more often. I don't think I can fix you up for this one, but lemme know how long you'll be in Kol. We'll feature the revamped folks on the website :D

@ Madz
Like I was telling you, I didn't think you'd want one so soon after that snazzy haircut. The next one mein, you be our model :D

@ Sam
There's no way I'll end up writing those wannabe MBA essays for UK, US B-schools. I'm glad I just had a couple of forms.

@ Ad Libber
Hell, I didn't realize people would be so keen on a makeover. Next makeover, you're in. Doncha back out then.

@ Onn
You are a wonderful lady :D and my first loyal reader. (WIAN? comes a nail-bitingly-close second). Better?
Free makeover. Yay. I wouldn't mind if they straightened my mane for free. :D

Sam said...

and am glad am through with the lot.. hopefully for good!! :)