Monday, June 9, 2008

Day 51

One of those days when you stop being human and become a machine. Very Terminator-like. Worked breathlessly almost all morning, and then, even more breathlessly after that. It is so nice to finally be home and moving at non-break-neck speed and sighing some happy peaceful sighs.

But office wasn't all work today. Got a very pink cake from the folks at office. We waited ages till a knife finally made its way to the conference room (few conferences happen there, but lotsa lunches do). They wouldn't sing though, at first. But I insisted. And they sang. And then we all ate some cake. And then they very politely (very politely) smeared my face with cake. But I tell you, washing cake off your face is very difficult, if you're trying it at the cooler (as opposed to the basin). Especially, when all the tissues you have are sheets of writing paper.

To put things in context, I work on the fourth floor which is attached to the terrace. There is no loo there. The loo is on the third floor. And walking down to the third floor with cream on your face is a no-no in office. Not that I mind walking down a road with cake on my face even. But so long as you are hoping to hold on to your job, it helps to not be terribly eccentric. Most jobs don't hire you for life. Most.

Shreya missed even this cake-cutting ceremony which is rather sad. Maybe this is just not her year to party.

I am under red ant attack. They are everywhere and biting, these villainous red ants. It's like some magic spell gone wrong somewhere.

3 comments:

onnesha said...

save the job.wipe the cream.kill the ant(s).post the pics.
amen.

little boxes said...

i know what you talking about...
i remember those imps spoiling my blazer in school by smearing it with monginis pink cream.
humph.
oh n btw,belated happy birthday :)

Llama said...

@ Onn
The question is: HOW, oh HOW do I kill the ants?

@ Little boxes
But I liked the bit about face smeared with cake. Really.