Friday, June 6, 2008

Day 49

My blog turns a year old at 11.45 p.m. tonight. I turn 24 as soon as the clock touches 12:00 a.m. (though according to the birth certificate, the auspicious moment is after 1:00 p.m. sometime). So it's b'day time for GGG and PjC.

I've got lotsa gifts over this past one week -- all leading up to the happy budday. There's been a very cool-looking bag, a guitar lessons DVD, a smiley-faced clock, a night suit, a wallet, and tomorrow I'm getting clothes. 2008 is proving to be a good year.

The only problem this year is that work seems to be taking precedence over everything else. And that isn't by concious effort. In fact, Shreya said a very deep, philosophical thing today. She said that "Everyday seems a xerox copy of the other these days."

Shreya and I have been grumbling about having to go to work on bandh days when it rains cats, dogs, elephants and blue whales. Bandhs are supposed to be holidays when you sit at home and crib about the political parties that call the bandhs but not move out from home while munching on popcorn and chips for in-between meals and khichudi for lunch.

Yes. I am a lazy Bong. And I'm proud of it.

Btw... I have already been wished thrice. And it isn't my happy budday yet. One guy thought it was D-Day today and sent me a very sweet 'Many happy returns of the day' message. Then I got all happy and changed my status message to: ' Just got first budday wish'. This confused Ex-bf No. 4 who also sent a 'happy budday' IM. Both have promised to wish me tomorrow again. The third one knows my bday is tomorrow, but felt like sending greetings in advance. Plus, my school principal just Happy-Birthday-ed me on Orkut. Pretty cool in a nerdy way.

7 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

happy budday in advance too.
Btw,aint we all lazy bongs and proud of it???!!

onnesha said...

happy budday to the blog and you.
i see everyone around are spoiling you silly.
grunt grunt!

ad libber said...

Happy Birthday again. I was around three days early. Would not that count as one of the first wishes?
And wishes to the blog too. Onnesha beat me to that.

Anonymous said...

@adlib-heehaw.u see am shmart!

Unknown said...

if i wished you here, it would come to your attention faster. but i messed up, so heres wishing you a very habby bday, though belated. cheers!!! and you have xxxx bfs? wow :O

Llama said...

@ Moo
Thankee for coming to Happy Budday again.
And we all very lazy Bongs and proud of it. Amen to that a thousand times.

@ Onn
Thankoo thankoo. It is nice to be spoilt sometimes. But now it's all over again.

@ Ad libber
That would count as one of the first wishes. Except that you knew the bday was later. Blog thanks both Onn and you for your wishes.

@ Pookie
Thankee for the wishes. 4 ex-bfs... aye.. Though I'm not supposed to be counting the first one. But I still like keeping him in the list. The one that started it all :P

onnesha said...

the one that started it all.hehhee.cherios to the dude who got it all started.
:P