Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 56

Long day. Not a terrible day for the most part (I think that's wrong English), but not-so-good by the time it came to a close. Was supposed to catch a movie with Madz. It didn't happen. I got stuck at work :'( Sometimes I feel so old and gloomy, that it isn't funny anymore.

It barely rained also today, except in the morning, while I was walking from auto stand to office building. And I had to manoeuvre the umbrella so that I didn't poke anybody in the eye, or bonk somebody on the head. It happens. At the same time, I had to keep ducking to avoid being assaulted by a random umbrella. It's hard being tallish on Kolkata streets on rainy days. Coz all the umbrellas seem to be heading straight for your contact-lense-adorned eyes.

Work was hectic, in a good way. I carried a jacket today to avoid freezing over (my nails have been turning blue with alarming regularity of late) and I succeeded in avoiding the blue nails.

The guy with the big bag brought kaathaal (jackfruit for non-Bongs) from his tree (yes, he has a kaathal tree, a mango tree, and a few other random fruit trees). We had kaathal, and then the whole office was smelling of kaathal. Not a terribly welcoming fragrance if you aren't a fan of the fruit.

I think I'll have shingara for breakfast tomorrow. Am getting bored of the porridge everyday routine.

Me tired now. Enough for today. More tomorrow night.

Just misunderstood Ad Libber's tag. So deleted the misunderstood version, and don't have the enthu to redo it just now. So that's postponed to later.

12 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Im a BIIIIG fan of fruits and i hate kaanthaal smell!!!..
It sucks!

ad libber said...

eh, no no, you are supposed to copy paste the list from my list of books, thats apparently the standard personal library every umm...personal library owner has (I have forgotten everything remotely linguistic)

Llama said...

@ Moo
I like Kaathal. The smell don't bother me.

@ Ad
Sigh.. whattay pity.. I will redo this then. Deleting my list now.

ad libber said...

you are gonna enjoy this. someone has been googling what does poojo mean and reaching my blog (why, i am yet to figure that out).

unless they mean the poojo poojo in which case you dont have some person madly in love with you, at least not the one who has been googling for your name.

I am so gonna fail :(

What's In A Name ? said...

Singara, I presume, isn't a good idea for breakfasts. Invited acidity.

And yes, it attends the party all right!

onnesha said...

@poojo-that constant manoeuvring the umbrella is never funny.it drives me up the wall.

dreamy said...

Somebody's googling for you?!

Whattay fun! B-)

Llama said...

@ Ad libber
Lol. Even I searched for 'poojo meaning' and ended up there. And why is this person searching for this? And how do you know? More importantly, cute ache ki?

You will not fail. Try the film-a-day technique anyhow.

@ WIAN?
Singara causes acidity... but not in the case of cast iron stomachs like mine.

@ Onn
Umbrella manouevring tactics. There should be a book on that one.

@ Dreamy
Heehee. My thoughts exactly!! :P

coffee stain said...

kaanthaal eek.... you journo's are whack! bari theke uthiye niye eshechilo aabar sheesh....

Llama said...

@ Coffee
Je enechilo, shey journo noy. So you can't jump to journo conclusions based on his behaviour.

coffee stain said...

tora kanthal office e kheye chis.... bechara jara khaye na tader te gondo shukiye.... thats what i was gettin at.... :P

Llama said...

@ Coffee
Next time, we'll put up a sign. Kaanthal eating in progress. Pinch nose if kaanthal smell is not liked.