Sunday, June 8, 2008

Day 50 -- A.K.A Budday Post

So it was my budday yesterday. It was a good day overall. One of those nearly perfect days where nothing really goes wrong.

Woke up at 5:30, brushed and rushed for Chinese breakfast of meatball soup, fishballs and prawnballs. (Koto rokom-er ball ... excuse the PJ. Couldn't resist.) Came home. Went back to sleep. The night before had been a rather sleepless one. I couldn't get ready for my own budday with bags and dark circles under my eyes, could I? So off to sleep it was.

Except for one thing. It was my birthday. So the Happy Birthday calls and messages kept waking me up. Till finally I gave up. And woke up. And wore new tee from sis that said: "Crazy but cute". I like.

The Chinese breakfast had us all filled up to the gullet. So lunch would have to be light. Narrowed down on Barista Creme. It's kinda one of my favourite places to hang out at now. It is expensive though. Relatively.

But a light lunch it wasn't. The pasta was heavy. I managed only half of it. Didn't want to end up with food poisoning on my happy budday. As it is, two of my friends complained of the same.

Post-lunch, it was time for a budday shopping spree. Conquests included: black night-out top, chunky earrings that go with the messy hair, chain with heart-shaped pendant that I like very much.

Post-lunch it was rush rush rush to reach 2 of my fave girls. I was on time more or less, but somehow the chunky new earrings went missing. Missing completely. 15 minutes went by looking for 'em. They were a gift from my littlest sister, so I couldn't very well go without 'em. Somehow or the other, they had made their way to the room on the roof, well-hidden in a green plastic bag with white flowers in the centre. Of course, it hardly matters what the plastic bag looked like, for the earrings were found after many "Thakur-dada-r choshma kothaye" moments.

Then, having donned the new top, new earrings, new chain (and feeling rather over-dressed), and carrying the new bag (which is toooooooo cool!!) I headed to Barista Creme again. Second time on the same day.

So it was girl chat chat chat till Chomu Kunda (my chaddi buddy) arrived with hot, new gf in tow. I like her. She's pretty, seems smart, and Kunda's cleaned up a lot since meeting her. I'm glad.

Much after the much-in-love couple, arrived the brothers-in-arms flaunting their latest obsessions: a rat tattoo and a tree tattoo. Both were very much in pain, and convinced me to stay away from the tattoo needle forever. I might get a painted one from time to time though. Next budday maybe.

The hit of the evening was the Swiss Mocha Frappe. Everyone had it except Moo and Madz. Moo's was decent. Madz's was a watery mess-up.

Coffees over, it was time to bring on the booze. In the excitement, Madz's chappals decided to tear open. But all cobblers were out of station for a Cobblers' Convention.

So off to Old Tavern on foot. All of us with shoes intact. Madz with one shoe not-so-intact.

Reached there to see a mujra type performance. Singing ladies with potential bar-dancing capabilities. Beer and mujra is a very crazy combo. Try it sometime. But don't go there on your birthday with Madz and Shutz. They will go up to the tone-deaf man (singer?) at the microphone and request him to sing you a very filmy (that comes naturally) Happy Budday to Pooja song. As the song begins and random cheesy people start clapping for you, the best thing to do is shove your face inside the ice-box and wait for the song to cease and hope that no one will recognize you a day later. (Note: It wasn't that embarrassing once some beer slithered down the gullet, but it is nice to pretend that it was.)

The rest of the evening went in devouring beer and peanuts (I had a bowlful of that) and singing along with the off-key folk hogging the microphone and posing for pictures (this would be Madz, Shutz, and Moo) for the shutterbug (Rishi) and eating chilli chicken and rather pronographic-looking kbabes and not being able to shut the loo door despite repeated tries and contemplating a trip to the very-dirty men's loo and having the flash blind us like a million times thanks to Madz going trigger happy and then getting zonked in a very 'whee' sorta way and thankfully being dropped right to doorstep and then not being able to sleep and after much fighting with the sleep sheep and tossing and turning and more fighting, Happy Budday to Me, Part 24 came to an end.

A good year it seems to be. And it rained also. :)

I'm happy :)

6 comments:

onnesha said...

Much after the much-in-love couple, arrived the brothers-in-arms flaunting their latest obsessions: a rat tattoo and a tree tattoo. Both were very much in pain..
hehehe.that evoked sucha funny imagery,man!
and you be one helluva lucky woman.wattabudday.
sigh.

loony girl said...

ei je, belated happy birthday!
i guess u know by now, we wer makin serious plans to gatecrash your partay!!! we actually follwed ppl to golden dragon n all!

:P

Madhurima said...

the man sng rather well!!! LOL
n u were looking very hot. shud hav mentioned it in the post :D

n did u calculate the posts from b4so that the 50th 1 wud coincide wit ur budday?

coffee stain said...

hic..... that place was the bomb... aabar jaabo.... and aaro boro group e...... ei ei onn ye all should come.. i swear you'll piss in your pants with laughter.....

and as for weee....
jaata fun it was :D

onnesha said...

frankly,i dont wanna pee in my pants.but ok.i get wat u mean.hehe.dekhte hochhe toh byaparta ki.

Llama said...

@ Onn
:D I was quite proud of that bit :D
And I be helluca lucky woman. I agree :D

@ Solo
Next time, don;t just follow. Gatecrash. At the worst, you'll just get thrown out.

@ Madz
I will get him to sing for your wedding.
And thankee thankee. I didn't mention it, so that you would say it, not me.

@ Coffee
Yes. Boro group. Including Onn and Solo. Bheeshon funny.
And 'wheeeee' also.