Monday, April 28, 2008

Day 15

I'd usually be the first one to say I'm fickle, but I sometimes forget that I'm pretty steadfast as well. I know what I like/dislike, love/hate, can-live-with/would-hate-to-live-with, and so on. And I know what I'd like to do in the long run -- write. And that's what I'm doing now. Okay, so my so-called writing job currently involves not too much writing, but that's just a temporary affair. But at least I know what I want to be doing 5, even 10 years from now. It may be a vague notion, but vague is better than no notion. So many of the people I meet everyday aren't even sure what they want to do tomorrow. They just drift along, going from one unrelated job another, all the while dreaming of something entirely different.

I always thought that that's what I was -- a drifter. But as it turns out, I'm not. It's so cool to finally think of myself as being a focussed femme. Years of flakiness had me thinking that I would always be a flake. Maybe not :)

I'm happy with myself today. I feel smart, strong and independent.

I likes :)

P.S.: I'm going back to the vow I made last year around this time: No boyfriend for the next 6 months!

8 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

well, at least u have a notion of some sort. none here.

onnesha said...

no boyfriend for next 6months?
so what happens on the first day of the seventh month?
ki odbhut resolve:O
me likes.

onnesha said...

mebbe i wud have just the opposite resolution.i will get one for just six months.first day of teh seventh month and he is going down the pipe,baby!

Llama said...

@ WIAN?
Maybe you just need to meet somebody with no notion to realize that you actually do have one. That's how I realized anyhow :P

@ Onn
First day of the seventh month, I start dating again :D Yeah.. I wish :P

What say you send your guy to me on the first day of your seventh month? (Assuming he's cute, funny,etc., etc.)

onnesha said...

done.DEAL.(like i have an agency working here where we supply cute dateable guys and occassionally even go around with them ourselves.gah!)

dreamy said...

I would so so so much want to be a part of that deal you guys have,Poojo and Onn. :|


And Poojo, I've feeling like what you've stated in this post for sometime now. you know about having a "focus" for once.

Angry Voices said...

Isn't it funny when you think of yourself as a drifter, you look for something to anchor yourself to. And once anchored you ache to be set free.

Profound entry btw

Llama said...

@ Onn
Let's pretend that you do have one such agency for the time being :D

@ Dreamy
If Onn has an agency to "supply cute dateable guys and occassionally even go around with them", maybe you could work out a deal with her.

@ Angry Voices
Once a drifter, always a drifter -- can't stay anchored for too long. (Just continuing the profundity :P)