Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Tag from Dreamy

A for Antelope. (My teenaged sister says that if and when I have to teach pre-schoolers the alphabets, I'll start with A for Antelope. She says so in a voice dripping with tablespoonfulls of sarcasm, but I ask, "Is there a problem in learning about antelopes?")

B for Blowing Bubbles under a clear Blue sky during Bombay winters.

C for Cats and Cotton Candy. Separately please. I don't like Cat fur getting into my Cotton Candy, and Cotton Candy makes Cats get sticky and difficult to pet.

D for Dogs of course, and Drummers and cool Dudettes.

E for Elephants, boiled Eggs, and Evolution.

F for Fish Fry, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Fastidiousness (Just wanted to throw in a big word).

G for Gigolos, Garfield, Guys, Gorus (Bong-lish for Cows), and still more Garfield. And for 'Gum, Guitars and Gargoyles'.

H for Hesitation, Heartbreaks, Heartthrobs, Hats, and Hangers.

I for Inkpot, Idiosyncracies, and Istanbul by Pamuk.

J for the J in PooJa and the J in PJ and the J in PjC (I confess to being self-obsessed).

K for The Kite Runner, and the K in ChaKrabarty (Very self-obsessed).

L for Lions and Lexicons and Lemonade and Lime and a pinch of ginger in the Lemonade. And for Love.

M for Mallu pals who get Married super-fast and for MoonMoons who become academics and for common friends of Married Mallu pals and MoonMoons who happen to be Goan and wonderful.

N for Nest and Nestle chocolates and Nikon cameras and exuberant Nisha from former office.

O for the double O in Pooja (I think I need help now!)

P for Pooja, Poojo, Pooj, Pajoo, Japoo, and whatever else one might call me. Also, P for the worst PJs in the world.

Q for Queen, Quietness, and Queerity :D

R for Rain and Rain and Raindrops on Roses and still more Rain.

S for Sidey jokes and Special friends and Spontaneity and chicken Stew.

T for Too liTTle Time. Also TaTToos.

U for Umbrellas in the rain and clean Undies and sudden U-turns.

V for Long LiVe Vanity!

W for large, breezy Windows, like the one by my bed.

X for males who can really play Xylophones. I would like to date you.

Y for Yuck and Yay and Yellow (the colour and the song).

Z for yellow and green Zebras and spells that go Zap!

And Zap! Now you know my ABCs.

7 comments:

dreamy said...

males who can really play Xylophones...



=))

hilarious!

coffee stain said...

this is more like a matrimonial abc's
and V of vanity.... har har

ad libber said...

You lucky self obsessed woman, you :P

Anonymous said...

me also wants to date men who can play xylophones....how cool will it be

Llama said...

@ Dreamy and Girl with a Zillion Namesakes
Dating a xylophone player - I wish that could happen.

@ Coffee Stain
Why is it matrimonial ABCs?? I re-read the whole list, and I cannot be blamed for liking to have crushes on guys, can I? And it's not matrimonial either. Hmpf!

@ Ad Libber
Aye. Lucky me.

dreamy said...

Well Poojo.C, you've JUST about given me the strongest statement ever.
Thank you. I shall be flaunting my new-found attitude with this very statement.


"I cannot be blamed for liking to have crushes on guys, can I?"

Anonymous said...

We have xylophones in cmmon...I didn't think of the males tho...