Monday, August 13, 2007

Escaping Through the Window and More

I feel like running away somewhere... Just me and Thomas (my cat) maybe... Just sit somewhere and think about God-knows-what. Thomas does that all day anyway. Maybe I just need a little practice and a lower workload.

Haven't been sitting on my favorite window for two days because of the rains. The rains come down and my window leaks. Sit there for too long while it's raining and you're bound to get wet. It's not raining now so have plonked myself there. I can see so many people just sitting/standing downstairs looking around doing nothing.

There's this man standing next to the egg-store thinking of crossing the road: "Should I cross? Should I just dilly-dally here for a little longer?" I turn my head to look at the fellow sitting outside the dhobi's shop digging his nose. By the time I turn back, the dilly-dallier is gone.

There goes another old man, wheeling his cycle down the road with really heavy-looking bags weighing down his run-down mode of transport. What is the point, I wonder, of having a bicycle if you're not going to ride it? And even before I finish wondering, he's on his bicycle and off to work. I think he's carrying potatoes in those sacks of his.

Have to babysit my baby sister for a while now. It has been two minutes and she is already making a mess. She's opened the jigsaw puzzle box and is creating great chaos on my already messy bed. In twenty minutes I will be chasing her away, and she won't want to go. Threats, shouts, and pleas will follow. And finally I will drag her out of my room and shut my door! As usual!

My boss has been pleased with me for meeting the deadlines this month. Last month everything had been too disorganised. My guess is that he is quite relieved now. "Whew," he must be saying to himself, and flicking away an imaginary sweat drop from his air-conditioned brow. He works very hard; that man really does! Every two days I get a project from him at about 3:23 a.m. in the morning! There's a reason why he's the Boss after all!

7 comments:

coffee stain said...

"I turn my head to look at the fellow sitting outside the dhobi's shop digging his nose"

.......thank you for that wonderful insight!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

i agree to the comment above....
GROSS!!!

Llama said...

but he was digging his nose!!!!
and i never said it wasnt gross!

Llama said...

i write soooo much.. and u two concentrate on one almost irrelevant sentence!!!??

coffee stain said...

we'r men.....
i rest my case!

Llama said...

i suppose i can say no more to that Mr. Man!

coffee stain said...

booyah

men:1
others: 0

hmph!