Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Wonderment and Other Things

I seem to be getting overloaded with work as the days go by. I think I need to put my foot down somewhere. But up on cloud no. 9, everywhere I put my foot, it's just air. I wonder... do people actually fall off from their cloud no. 9s? It would be funny, wouldn't it, to suddenly have a person fall into your verandah (a species of room that is extinct in Mumbai middle class homes), while you are quietly contemplating how the smog levels have been rising? And you think: "I wonder how these smog levels have been rising, rising, rising..." when THUD! You've got a person sitting on your verandah floor wondering what the hell just happened!
***

Just read a post about an Alice in Plasticland. Well, it had some other name, but it was about an Alice (the one Mr. Caroll created) who lived in a land where everyone was plastic. The first two paragraphs of the tale read very well (I was beginning to get insecure about my own stories). But they lost steam somewhere. I was both -- relieved and disappointed. It is sad when a story that has promise fizzles out before you can say "Can I have some popcorn!" Such a pity!
***

Popcorm and movies go together. This weekend I went to watch Ratatouille. The point of the movie was that "Anybody can cook". And if you generalize that statement just a little more, it means "Anybody can do whatever it is that they like in the world". So Mr. Rat can cook, Miss Muffet can become a pest control advisor, Georgie Porgie can give up the stress of kissing the ladies and start leading the life of a parish priest. Aah.. so many possibilities. Maybe some day my dogs will be able to open the door instead of barking their heads off trying to get someone else to open it for them.

7 comments:

dreamy said...

people falling from cloud 9..hahaha..

I wonder whether there is only ONE cloud nine for every one, or whether every individual has his/her own personal cloud nine.
:D :D

Llama said...

i like to think each person has his/her own cloud no. 9... otherwise, if it was a common cloud, it would get pretty crowded! And that's no fun!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

there is no cloud no 9....there is nothing...
...and do u know there was this dog in someplace...which could actually open doors!!!

coffee stain said...

dogs can put on/off lights....and bring beer...... aamar beral ta will drink it rather than bring it to me.... shucks...

Llama said...

One of my cats can open doors. (but only if he feels like it) He used to open the fridge and invite the other fourlegged folk for snacks/meals.

The canines are yet to master the art.

coffee stain said...

how many legs do you have?!
....:P

Llama said...

apatoto two.. planning to invest in a few more!