Saturday, August 2, 2008

Cat tails

It's a cat that gets along with me. And not one of my own. With a dirty black nose and enormous potential for growth, here's a cat that is spoilt silly -- much like my Thomas, but younger, more sprightly.

I used to have a blog called 'Cat tails' for awhile till I deleted it. Cats and dogs may be the most favoured in the world of pets, but they ain't the only pet-worthy creatures around. Manu and I once had a pet caterpillar named Cappy. He wasn't the type that turned into a butterfly. He didn't live in a cap. He ate tomatoes for lunch and dinner, and had shades placed over his Chinese food plastic bowl home lined with leaves to protect him from the direct rays of the sun. There is something called "too much Vitamin D" if you happen to be a caterpillar, we assumed. He didn't live long though, our Cappy, and we still miss him, Manu and I.

I'm glad the black-nosed cat and I get along though. Yes, he's too lazy to jump. And yes, he seems to have all the ingredients to become a white-hot casanova someday -- one of those moon-faced cats that seem to only know how to make mating calls. And I can imagine him being one of those feline Hugh Hefner type people with Playboy kitties hanging all around him. Aah.. if you happen to be a house cat, could life be any better?

PS: I wrote a review of the new The Mummy movie while chatting online last night. And it turned out pretty long -- I wasn't exactly expecting that to happen. :P

6 comments:

ad libber said...

you can actually chat and write proper stuff?
*bow*
I read the review and as fine as it is, still does not endear me to the new mummy movie. But now i want another kitty.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

too much Vit D....realllly?????????????????!!!!
That be the strangest fact ive heard all year!!!

coffee stain said...

sigh.... cats have it all i swear.. and and.... if cappy watched the god father.... he'd appreciate if the incident was called "cappy got capped"

loony girl said...

excesive Vitamin D?
and in the first yr at JUDE, i caught this really tiny green worm which ws really cute!
it kept wriggling on my fingers n im sure it loved me tonnes!
bt ppl made me throw it away :(

Aphrodite said...

oh my my...cat tales... :)

Llama said...

@ Ad Libber
Buy a pup for a change. Everyone seems to be in kitty buying mode these days.

@ Moo
Is it a true fact tho? Ektu check kore bol please.

@ Coffee
Next Cappy will be made to watch the Godfather movie.

@ Solo
Eesh! People have no idea. Those tiny green worms are very cute.

@ Onn
I've always had a thing for cats. I happen to have more cats than catman. 6 at last count.

@ Aphrodite
:D