Sunday, September 23, 2007

Rain on a Lazy Sunday

It has been a lazy, rainy Sunday. It started raining last night and continued through the morning, afternoon, evening, and it looks like the raindrops will be falling all night.

I love it.

There is nothing like not having to go out on a rainy Kolkata day. Just veg out at home and think and read and have highly mustard-oily jhaal muri and a handful of microwave popcorn and act the clown and sing stupid songs opera-style and play cards after ages.

This is the life.

If only tomorrow wasn't Monday, life would really be perfect. :P
***

Am loving Pamuk's The White Castle. He shoots out all these deep philosophical thoughts seemingly without batting an eyelid. Its an easy read that is based in historic times, in an exotic locale, and is full of sultans and pashas and people who look alike enough to be twins. (That's actually a pretty bad way to sum it up. I'll try doing a better job when I finish reading it. Am already more than half-way through. Should manage by tomorrow.)

P.S.: Couldn't go clothes shopping today. Too much rain. And too few Sundays are as lazy as this one to get wasted doing anything other than lazy-fying. I wish I could wrangle a few more hours to today.

6 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Haha!!..i love it when you guys are complaining about the rains!!!..

Llama said...

But I wasn't complaining! I love it when it rains in Kolkata!

dreamy said...

yeah, I love the rains too!..when I don't have to water wade through yucky water logged areas!...B-)

coffee stain said...

you jinxed it...salt lake bheshe geche....aami house arrest!

Llama said...

@ dreamy
I waded through knee-deep garbage-filled water yesterday. Loved it. (I must be weird)

@ coffee
I jinxed nothing. I love weather like this. Go out today. The sun is out.

coffee stain said...

i am out.....side outside