Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Entertainment

Life is getting better again. (Though I'm going to be loaded with work starting tomorrow.)

Watched Serendipity today. First time. Liked it quite a bit. Wish John Cusack was a little cuter though.

Went to buy clothes. Came back with music (bought a set of 3 CDs for 399/-). And a book (Arundhati Roy's essays). Don't know when I'll start reading it though.

Currently trying to read Joyce's Ulysses. It's proving to be quite an effort. Can't manage over 20 pages at a time! And the whole thing is 733 pages on Microsoft Word!

Also reading Rohinton Mistry's Such a Long Journey. Not necessarily a light read, but a good read, and 50 pages at a time is not terribly difficult. Moreover, it's inspired me to start writing dialogue. (I had some earlier... but it looked amateurish. Now, having taken notes, and looked up writing tips on the web, I am doing a better job. I discovered what was missing all this time. Lots of rewriting going on now.)

Wrestled with my dog today. After ages. She isn't the young pup she used to be. Neither am I. But today, both of us had high energy levels. So we had ten minutes of uninterrupted mixed-species wrestling. No winners or losers were declared.

These days Shugz (the other dog) comes to wake me up every morning, then gets under my sheet, curls up, and goes to sleep. There's such joy in that!

The dachshund is sleeping like a log now. She has become really fat. Waddles everywhere. Looks a little like a seal. Love her loads.

2 comments:

coffee stain said...

3 books at a time?! aami khali mad and Astrix pori! well i have 3 2inch kitty's...that keeps occupied!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Ulysses is very tough!!!..I tried readin it in school,didnt do good with it.And how do you guys ever read e-books!!!.??
u bought 3 cd's.???...whatever happened to "long live piracy"!!!