Sunday, September 2, 2007

Yesterday and Tomorrow

Was listening to Mr. Big this afternoon. Their lead singer was one of my earliest crushes (back when age was a single digit number) -- and his big hair and pretty smile still bring on those crushy feelings. Maybe that's when I started having this dream of dating a rocker dude someday. I think I did end up dating one briefly. And the dream of how cool that might be cracked. It certainly wasn't like any of the happily-ever-after songs I grew up watching.

Have suddenly realized that I am growing ancient now (I didn't say old, mind you). The songs I listened to as a kid now appear on Vh1 Classic! And my sister (10 years younger) asks me if they are from Ma's time.

Of late, I have been wasting time like nobody's business. Putting off important stuff to an hour later, and eventually to tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow (Ha ha! Now I'm quoting Shakespeare without intending to! How cool is that?!) I think I should make a September resolution. Shall not put off projects/targets as far as possible. Wonder if this resolution is likely to last? If it lasts a month, it would be a good thing.

2 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Hahaa!!..dont talk about being old...i just plucked off two white..no,silver,ahem-ahem hairs today!!!!

Llama said...

i noticed my first strands of grey two years back! :(