Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday Miscellany

Most exciting thing today? Stopped a dog fight at home. A common feature of life with three female dogs -- the rise of bitchiness!
***

Started reading Orhan Pamuk's The White Castle. It's short, quick reading, child-like, dreamy, and amusing-without-trying-at-all-hard. Very Charles Lamb-ish actually. Someday I will go to Istanbul and meet Pamuk. Someday. (I really need to get my passport done ASAP!)
***

Made a lot of progress with the chapter I've been trying to complete. Will definitely be done by tomorrow. 2 pages now. 2 pages tomorrow morning. And ta-dah! Also getting the hang of dialogue-baaji now.
***

I don't like shopping for clothes anymore. I don't even see the point in looking at them. They just don't seem cost-effective enough. (Am I turning into a guy??) Facing a serious shortage of clothes now. Great abundance of books -- That's what I mostly end up buying when I find no appropriate clothes. Need to reverse the trend for at least a while.

This Week's Resolution: Will go clothes shopping! And buy clothes!
***

4 comments:

coffee stain said...

i envy girls.....cost of living khub kom....not to sound typically pig-pig kintu its true tho...wait wait..i take that back..some how end up spending a lot....
The White Castle shue e harold aar kumar's trip er kotha mone porlo.. allergic to books.... oi line monehoye kono din o pa debo na

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

yes yes...u r turning into a 23 yr old guy...ive started to hate shopping too...i never seem to like anything....:P...
..
and agree with coffee stain...reminded me of whitecastle'wala movie....

Llama said...

@ coffee
ei... girls dont necessarily have low costs of living.. i stay with my parents tai anek kom.. but not for others

@ moolah
23 yr old guy!! wyaah :( what will i do now?!!

ad libber said...

Don't do it. Get more books. All clothes look the same anyway (I think I have turned into a 19 year old guy)