Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rain in the City and Other Things

19th Feb:
Went out with Madz. Ate at Pizza Hut. The third part of our bitchy trio ditched us at the last minute. Shopped after lunch at Forum and South City. I have been shopping a lot of late. Guess I'm making up for all the days that I didn't. I eyed a pair of sneakers at Bata. Price tag: 1299/- I'm not sure I'm ready to spend that much. Maybe I'll tell the father to buy it for me. What are fathers for after all, other than indulging their daughters.

Spoke to Shreya and told her that she's too young at 23 to get married. Other people don't seem to think so and the poor thing has been worried and unhappy.

Boyfriend did not fall asleep while talking to me last night. He's been dozing off quite often over our phone conversations. A worrying sign perhaps. It's Happy-Four-Months today btw.

20th Feb:
Being a homebody today. Have lots of work lined up.

On a brighter note, it just rained in Kol for about 15 minutes, and the sun is already out. I must have said this before, but nothing makes me happier than the rains. Almost nothing at least. Dairy Milk chocolates and rain -- my top two mood enhancers!

Ate a big packet of chips between last night and now. I'm getting fat slowly but surely. How do I know this? My clothes are not fitting me. What am I going to do about it? I'm anti-dieting. So all I can do is spend my days thinking about exercise. Maybe someday I will start doing sit-ups or something. For the time being, at least I'm not looking like an anorexic chick on a poster which cries "Feed the Hungry Millions".

There are red "biting" ants on my bed. Again. I really must stop eating chips on the bed.

Added at 5:38 P.M.:
Just got a call from this publishing house that I had applied to. I said no. And now I am (unnecessarily) stressing over it. There are many good reasons why I said "No". But the worry emerged and has decided to get stuck on me. I think I am destined to be a worrywart. Somebody once looked at the many light crisscrosses on my palm and asked me if I worry/think too much. I guess I do. Though the lightness of the lines could also be due to low haemoglobin. The doc told me that one.

I'm also rather unsympathetic. Not mean. Very nice. Just unsympathetic.

And I still hate weddings. Almost as much as I hate job interviews. Wondering if something is seriously wrong with me. For a few days I wondered if I had social anxiety or something. I don't think I do. But there is definitely something not right with me.

8 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

anorexia is out.

Monica Bellucci lookalikes are in.

Happy anti-dieting! :)

Madhurima said...

u forgot to mention the levis jeans that u eyed too!

Anonymous said...

i hate interviews too

but i love weddings...u get to deck up and u get good food...enuff to make me happy

ad libber said...

What is it with blogging and food? Almost all bloggers I know love food to the point of obsession.
Name one blogger who diets.

Llama said...

@ What's in a Name?
I've been looking at Monica Bellucci photos for the last ten minutes, looking for a resemblance. I think our nostrils are similar.

@ Madhurima
I didn't eye the Levis as much as the Batas

@ Zillion Namesaked Girl
I don't like decking up. Though I like the food part. That's why I go I guess after cribbing for days.

@ Ad Libber
A blogger who diets. Wow! That's such a tough question. I don't think any blogger diets.

Aphrodite said...

i love weddings...getting decked up...and looking hot..and being told i look pretty HOT!!!man i wish i could go to a wedding evry day..;)lol...and i loveeeee doing rain dances...hehe

Aphrodite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

hahaha!!...the biting ant confusion!!!