Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Getting Up2Date

I'd resolved to post daily, but the Delhi trip made it all go awry. Here is a compensation post to comfort my somewhat-guilty conscience.

5th Feb
Went to Shutapa's place. Shopped wholesale for sweaters at Sarojini Nagar. Bought many packets of 50-rupee sweaters and sweatshirts, on Ma's orders.

6th Feb
Job interview at the book fair. Went off well. Bought 3 books. Plus, very cute Spanish guy manning a counter spoke to me. (He just offered to help me pick out some books... but keep that hush-hush.)

7th Feb
Another interview. Not as bad as I thought it'd be. And long ride back to Gurgaon from Kalkaji. Watched "American Gangster" -- good movie, but you have to pay attention thoughout.

8th Feb
Night-out plans: Elevate in Noida.
Needed a shampoo, but first the geyser refused to switch on, and then the water ran out and refused to run back in. Result: unshampooed hair. Wore my hot new 99-rupee top and a sweater to bust the chill factor. But it was too cold throughout to remove the sweater :( What a waste. Winter ain't a good time to go partying. Plus, the DJ only (ONLY) played trance and the rum-and-coke did not provide the much-needed kick.

9th Feb
Woke up late. Rushed to get to movie. "Mithya" -- Different. Worth a watch. Like a play on celluloid. Overpriced Yo!China lunch. A combo for two that came with only a single glass of pepsi. Grocery shopping with 2 bachelors trying to cook. Lotsa fun :D Mexican food for dinner to the background music of Vengaboyz and Aqua.

10th Feb
Travel day again. The sun is out in Delhi. India is winning the match, though the Australians ensure that Dhoni and the other guy (I forget who) take their time. I like travelling, even if my legs get entangled while trying to climb up to the upper berth on the train. Some people are just not meant to live lives of great physical activity. Travelling via Rajdhani is great. They give a lot of food throughout the journey. I have noisy, but non-interfering co-passengers. Good. I can read my book in peace (Coetzee's "Slow Man"; borrowed from the boyfriend).

11th Feb
Wake up at 7:20 in panic. The people on the lower berth seem to have finished breakfast. But no.. it's just tea. Breakfast time is at 8. Unfortunately, we are stuck at Asansol for nearly 3 hours because the overhead wires have torn a few stations away. Sigh. The result is that the train (and hence, we the passengers) is late by 6 hours. A good thing too. I manage to finish the book :D

12th Feb
No work lined up for today. Meeting Shutapa in half an hour. She returns to Delhi tomorrow. I want to buy a nice pair of jeans that do not need belts to hold 'em up.

A few hours later:
Did not get jeans. Bought tees instead. Ate mutton roll. Miss chicken.

7 comments:

undifferentiated said...

read ur scribbled posts at a go...really like them.not coz they r scribbled.but coz they make up an entire life.very simple but surreal.or mayb i'v lost it.may i link u?

coffee stain said...

but keep that hush-hush on a public forum ...yeah rite!
welcome back!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Phew,back to cal yet...ha!!
I love Sarojini Nagar market!!...its cheaaaaap!!
Dhoni and the other guy...lol...cricket fanatics will kill ye!!
I liked AMerican Gangster too!!

Carter said...

chicken >>>>> mutton!

Llama said...

@ Undifferentiated
Thankee. And yeah, maybe you've lost it. Feel free to link.

@ Coffee
I thought you'd come to greet me at the station with band, baaja, garlands, red carpets and so on. What is the point of such a low-key welcome back?

@ Moolah
Cricket fanatics. I know. But then, I like living dangerously you see.

@ Carter
:D

Aphrodite said...

hey i ox sarojini nagar and cp markets too...went crazy shopping there last year...great buys...

dreamy said...

oh I miss chicken too! :((