Thursday, February 28, 2008

4th Day on the Job

and I'm still liking it. Though I have to figure out a photo feature tomorrow and have no idea how to go about it.

I'm truly happy after a long time. Gorged on puchkas today. Actually gorged.

People in office seem to think I'm a total kid, a mommy's girl, a teetotaller, amazingly innocent, the kind who still drinks chocolate Complan. I still drink milk, but that's only because I'm scared I'll end up with osteoperosis or something. And just because I've always stayed at home does not make me a mommy's girl. I'm not really irritated (maybe slightly). Actually I'm kinda enjoying the misconceptions. Always nice to prove people wrong.

One thing I have a problem with, however, is explaining the family situation:
(1) that my parents are divorced and remarried (to other people i.e.) and live in different cities, and
(2) that I have two sisters of my own (one of the two being adopted) and two step-sisters.
It's not a very unhappy state of affairs, but it is rather complicated to explain. Say that your parents are 'divorced' and you get this embarrassed 'Oh, I'm sorry' and a 'you poor thing' look. Sigh. I'm not a poor thing (except when I have loose motions) and I wish people would understand that divorces don't necessarily mess people up.

[Job Section: Boss is still looking for citizen reporters from Kol, so drop me a mail if you are interested. Plus, if you know any male journo types, we need one. Lemme know.]

13 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

I miss Phuchkas!!!...they are sooo much betta than panipuris!!
u drink chocolate Complan,whateva happened to Taller,Smarter Horlicks!!??
psst,psst!,I drink milk too!!.. :-P

undifferentiated said...

ha ha.me drinks milk as well.n i lurv bournvita...emni emni.hwo do i apply?whr do u mail?whts a citizen reporter?plz leme kno...

ad libber said...

What exactly is a citizen reporter? How do you qualify for it?

Shutapa Paul said...

I think I should talk to your office folks... This gal is not at all a mommy-person, drinks decent quantities of vodka, not at all innocent... which makes her my friend...:-)

dreamy said...

I Don't like drinking milk/health drinks, I just like eating the dry milk powder/dry form of health drinks.

:D

Llama said...

@ Moolah
I've never drunk chocolate Complan. Never was one of those anything-chocolate-goes kids. I do like milk though. Without chocolate. Without sugar. At room temperature.

@ Dreamy
Dry milk powder rocks!

@ Shuto
Thankee girl. This is why you are my friend. Mwooahs!

@ Undifferentiated, Ad Libber, Dreamy
I'm not the best person to ask. But here is what I understand:
A citizen reporter reports from his/her part of the city. About 3 small reports/stories a week about stuff happening in his/her area. The areas will be something like North, South, or Central Kolkata. Something like that anyway.
They seem to mainly be looking for student types -- so you girls qualify I guess.
Mail me at poojo.c[at]gmail.com. I'll find out more details or put you on to the right person. CV ready rakhne se achcha hoga I think.

Carter said...

You're the new girl, so those feelings are going to be there; people still need to get used to you, is all! Good thing is that you still love the job! How many people can say they love where they work? Not enough, I tells ya, not enough...

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

amake'o chaakri dibi???!!! :-D

What's In A Name ? said...

When could we have anew post in here ??????

dreamy said...

UPDATE!!!!!!!!! :((

Anonymous said...

Hey, Poojo C, you seeme to be one cool person! Love reading your blog!

Llama said...

@ Anonymous
Thankee :) Keep dropping by.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)