Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Working Woman

I'm employed again. I'm supposed to get paid to write, and get bylines as well. It's back to the peasant life once again, but it is a nice feeling to be getting back into the grind. At least I know how much money I will get at the end of the month unless I seriously mess things up.

The new job changes things a little. No more whimsical trips to anywhere. Between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. I'll be booked for most of the week. My hours are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Even though cab rides to my new place of employment take an hour, it's much quicker to take an auto, and at a fraction of the can fare.

The canteen is a snazzy one. Food is cheap-ish, though it may not be exceptionally good. Actually, they were complaining about the bad-ness of the food. The chow mein and chilli chicken did win some appreciative nods though. That's good enough for me. When noodles are around, why should I need anything else?

Was followed by a mad man cum tramp for a while yesterday. I got quite a fright yesterday when I turned my head to look at something and saw this fellow almost breathing down my neck. Today my auto driver had his license confiscated for running a red light. (I don't think 'running' is the right word in this context.) Not quite an auspicious start to a job, but what to do.

I'm sleepy now. Blogging everyday is going to be tough from now onwards. Sigh.. resolutions, like rules, are meant to be broken.

PS: Very sleepy and suffering from computer eyes. Excuse the bad grammar and awkward sentence construction this time.

6 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

ahaaa!!! things get spicier then.

A journo job ??? just curious. :)

Carter said...

no more daily posts? :'( LOL

Congrats on the new job! Hopefully it's an enjoyable one...!

Aphrodite said...

u a journalist gal???congo...on ur new job...have fun..im a chronic pc eyes sufferer :(

Anonymous said...

congrats on yr job .....

is being employed really that bad???

ad libber said...

Pity, I did enjoy those daily posts.
But congratulations :D

Llama said...

@ What's in a Name?
Aye. Journo job :D

@ Carter & Ad Libber
Daily posts seem to be happening still. And thankee :)

@ Aphrodite
Computer eyes are a horrible disease :(

@ The Girl...
It really is that bad. Be a student for as long as you possibly can. Once you start working, there really is no turning back. Sadly.