Friday, March 14, 2008

100th Post

This one has been a long time coming. I would have blogged the very day after my last post, but my dashboard said:

"Gum, Guitars and Gargoyles
99 Posts, last published on Feb 28, 2008"

This brought on a nerve attack. Well, not really, but I suddenly felt that Post No. 100 must be made of earth-shattering stuff. And I could think of nothing even remotely even ant-eardrum-shattering to blog about. Sigh, too much pressure always robs us great thinkers of our creativity. Just like processed milk loses tons of Vitamin A. (I've been reading the newspapers a lot of late.. Can't help showing off some recently-learned trivia :D)

I think, at this point, a tribute to the great Moolah Bizness is due. He pushed me to blog at a time when I lived with an ancient box that believed it was a computer and still wrote in my "Dear Diary". I followed the great man's instructions, and with his blessings, have a 100-post-old blog now. (Trivia time: if you happen to have chicken pox, Moolah has a sure-fire remedy. Read it here.)

What more?

I'm very very tired today. Have been feeling like this since Wednesday last. I don't think I can do this Am'a-goin'-to-office thing for too long. 3 years maximum! Have been forgetting birthdays like crazy. Like I kept telling Coffeestain that his b'day was around the corner, and when D-day arrived, I conveniently forgot. Such a doofus I am! Happy Birthday belated Coffee! And Happy Birthday unbelated Moolah!

Over the last two weeks I've gone back to being a peasant, and have filled my insides with vodka (White Mischief), champagne (dunno-what), vodka (Smirnoff Green Apple), and whisky (Signature?)! Am a sure-fire boozaholic now! I drank these over two evenings, two at a time, but the whisky really got to me. What followed was nothing too exciting: just a giggling fit and some highly-sentimental messages to the bf (who got scared).

While I was thinking about what to blog about on this milestone post, Ma and Shutapa suggested that I blog about them, because I haven't talked about either of them at length yet. I think I should also post about the best friend once. Everybody else who matters seems to have had a mention or two by now.

I still have a long-pending tag from Dreamy to get through with. Will start on that ASAP. Have been away from gumguitarsandgargoyles for too long now, especially by my standards!

8 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

Good for a start after what seemed like a sabbatical of sorts.

coffee stain said...

wow...... centenary post e aamar naam :P

ad libber said...

The 100th post sounds like one of those after award speeches.

Happy 100th.

dreamy said...

I wanted my 100th post to collide with the first blog anniversary.

But then I was too lazy. :D

I think I am on my 97th post.

Happy 100 posts. :D

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

ami great man.....* blush-blush*

But but,remove that mds link,will yaaa??!!!..:P

Madhurima said...

congratulations :)

Shutapa Paul said...

congrats on ur 100th post, girl... but u still haven't written abt me...hmph...(I'm so self-obssessed...hee hee...)

Llama said...

@ WIAN?
Was a rather long sabbatical.

@ Coffee
Glad you feel honoured.

@ Ad Libber
It does actually. Hadn't thought of it like that though.
And thankee.

@ Dreamy
My blog bday is on 6 June, 1 day before my bday :D
Inform when you get to the golden number!

@ Moolah
Tui great man. Keep blushing.
But I can't remove Madz' post. There's a pay-per-click deal happening on that one.

@ Madz
Thankee :)

@ Shutz
But look on the bright side Oh Self-Obsessed One: I did mention you and mentioned my intention to talk about you at length as well. :D