Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 68

I've been nasty all evening. I can crib but I won't. Now I feel happier. Bubblier. But in no mood to post. Yes. I have become lazy. Apologies. I will be back tomorrow with a better post.

Some food thoughts:

The Electric Nimbu Kurkure Extreme is super strong, sour and intense. But too much of it will have your teeth grating. Happened to me last night.

This place near office serves amazing biriyani. That's what I had for lunch today. Shreya ordered a phirni that she didn't like coz it didn't taste like phirni. I liked the phirni for the same reason -- it tasted like mishti doi.

At the above place (Aaleya), I rattled off the order like I'd been doing it all my life -- no breaths in between, not a pause, and not a single fumble. I was impressed, as were my colleagues. An alternative career beckons this reluctant journo. Being a waiter in a good-food restaurant should fit my stomach well.

Mocambo was next on the list of eat-out places. And I not happy with it. Too little food for too much price.

6 comments:

ad libber said...

jah baba, I sort of like Mocambo's. I have absolutely forgotten what I do order there but some of there stuff is pretty nice. Then again no life also implies I have not frequented it for around 8 months or so.

Where is Aaleya's?

coffee stain said...

"awe land-line" is gonna have a fit.... all that food.... hobe land line hobe :D

Sam said...

oh well... isn't dat true for most restos out there?? IMHO, all this while that I have eaten abroad, I have found very few spots where the spread is absolute VFM. but then, i guess dats the business i think..
oh as for the alternate career, why not follow nature baba and cyrus broacha?? trust me, it wud be better.. fame n fortune!!! :D

Madhurima said...

y dont u try for the job of a food feature writer? bhalo bhalo khete pabi, the restaurant staff will giv u all the bhao in the world n then u can b all snooty n write watever u want to!! :P :D

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

have phirni from Zeeshan....that place is the next best thing to heaven!!!!!

Llama said...

@ Ad Libber
I not happy with Mocambo. Maybe because I was in a bad mood.

It's actually Aaliyah's (checked the spelling). It's near Chandni.

@ Coffee
She didnt throw that much of a fit after all. :P

@ Sam
No no. I really would like to be a waiter. Any openings anywhere?

@ Madz
I will try :D :D

@ Moo
Im not a phirni fan really kintu.

@ Onn
Kintu the Aaliyah phirni is less like phirni and more like shondesh. But I like it better that way :)
Don't let Coffee bug you too much.