Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Putting out the 'Welcome' mat

So I'm the man of the house now... pretty much. And I made my first purchases as man of the house:
  • 6 eggs & 1 pound bread
  • 100 gm butter
  • 3 Metro Dairy chocolate ice-creams

Interestingly, I bought each of those items from three different shops 'cause I was scared the shop closer to home (Kaku-r dokaan) would be shut by then (It wasn't).

It isn't that I haven't bought stuff from the store before. It just felt different this time. 'Cause I knew that this time, I couldn't pass the job on to anyone else or fall back on an excuse (however much valid) like "the store was shut".

Yeah, it feels different. Just two days into the new state of being. I'm liking it so far.

I chased a story today about Yasir Arafat (not the dead Palestinian leader) being signed up by the Kolkata Knight Riders. This involved a total of 8 calls. 3 of which involved finding the Knight Riders' Kolkata office (Got lucky on the third try -- the number I called for info was the KKR office :D). Calls 4, 5, 6, and 7 involved finding someone (anyone!!) who could give me some info. Call No. 8 saw me being passed from person to person to person till I finally got a dude who didn't know about the news really... but sounded like he knew something (unlike the first guy I called and asked if the report regarding Yasir Arafat's joining KKR was true. The dude exclaimed, "Really?"... Boss, if I knew the answer, why would I be asking you?) It was lotsa fun though.

I like. I like.

Today's the first day that I feel not-so-reluctant to be a journo. :)

10 comments:

ad libber said...

yay :D
so, uhh, you are now officially a grown up?

What's In A Name ? said...

interesting fordo! :P

3 ice creams. Seems, the 'man of the house' is being too self-indulgent.:D

coffee stain said...

the part where you know if you won't do it no one will..... that part sucks.... :P
its gets interesting tho... wait and see :D

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

The exciting part about living like 'da man of the house' is shortlived.... :-P
mota hoye jaabi!!!

Sam said...

hmmm.. nice phase.. hope u enjoy it!! :)
btw, just turned up in kolkata.. had forgotten how humid it gets during monsoon... :(

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

3tey icecream....um, tubs??

also 'man' of the house keno hotey hobey??

Madhurima said...

yeah...y "man" of the house? y cant u b the "woman" of the house?

Llama said...

@ Ad Libber
Shhh... on that one. But yes, 'Yay' :)

@ WIAN?
'Fordo' ki?
There are other mouths to feed you know -- my grandmom and the kaajer mashi also live at home.

@ Coffee
I'm pretty sure it sucks. Be waiting for the interesting part. :D

@ Moo
Mota hobo na. It's in the 'jeans'.

@ Sam
I am enjoying it kinda.
And forget the humidity. Enjoy the rains while ur here :D

@ Inihos
3-te cup. I'm not oto hangla also.

@ Inihos and Madz
Refer following post for answer to "why 'man' of house"...

onnesha said...

mane sotti sotti eka?
:O
:O
:O
partay???
:D
(looks expectantly!!!)