Monday, July 21, 2008

I love

Mamata Banerjee.

Yes. I'm a big fan. Have always been and probably always will be. I may never vote for her, may never want her to be my country's Prime Minister. Hell! Not even my state's Chief Minister, but I can't help looking up to (figuratively, not literally -- she's much shorter than me) this diminutive rabble-rouser who's Dominatrix come down to Dharmatala.

Dharmatala.

That's where her rally was held, and each trip to the office loo (for me, not her) brought the strains of her argumentative voice into my not-so-sensitive ears. She's constantly fighting losing battles, but you think that gets her down? Oh no, it sure doesn't. Every time she gets lost on the way to winning a cause, she does the next best thing -- she simply finds another one. What get up and go. What optimism.

Optimism personified.

I'd wanted that to be the title of one of the books that I will write someday. That's also two words that fit me perfectly. And I think, they fit Mamata Di just as well as her drab white sarees. Honestly though, I wouldn't want to see her turned out in a flaming red. She's too fiery on her own, even in those kaalo paar shaada shaarees that she is always seen in. It would make a prize-winning painting though. I can see it now...

'Didi in red'. By M.F. Hussain. If he ever manages to get back into the country -- barefoot or otherwise.

Why do I love her so?

She can stop traffic. One whiff of the word bandh from her lips and revved up cars stall automatically, workaholics sleep an extra two hours, and Kolkata decides to take a day off. Sadly, this has been happening less and less of late. The word bandh seems to have lost its edge. Footballs now stay home on bandh days and cars gingerly venture out of their garages and no-parking parking spaces, but the woman still can stop traffic. And she's no great shakes in the looks department either.

I think I'd like to be a politician just like her someday. Did I mention I'm a fan?
***

PS: Moo is not happy with earlier blog. So do take a trip down to the comment section of this post and see what he is all grumbly and upset about.

15 comments:

onnesha said...

i am a fan too!
god bless mamat banerjee.she is what keeps bengal alive and err,kicking?
heck!even jyotibabu loves her so!

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

maybe we shud all get together and video shoot Didi and our CM gettin it on,and put it up on youtube.... :-P

What's In A Name ? said...

Who can ignore 'The DIDI'!??!!

Hoping to read a red-hot post on the trust-vote by you. Tomorrow i.e.

ad libber said...

A woman could kill to have that sort of a power on an entire state, hell, even in her own para. She is da woman.

coffee stain said...

@ moo
what with all the horniness :D simmer down boy...

and and momota'r khomota... kotha hobe na....

Shuvendu Banerjee said...

Hi...

No I’m not her fan at all , but tell you frankly I’m really big fan of your writing...simply because of your sense of hilarity...may be some of her fans or may not...but you did your job...push the key of controversy...

“Did I mention I'm a fan?”

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

@coffee stain..it aint horniness,i was just being sarky about the entire political scenario in Bangla-land.Youtube'e post korle besh bhalo hobe....marbe create comic characters outta them...hentai maybe,Momta monsty giving it to Buddo,the red demon... :P
ok,ive snapped!

Anonymous said...

I remember she once came to my para to give a speech...her car broke down somewhere, so she took a lift on some guy's bike

Llama said...

@ Onn
She is a much-loved woman. Nice way to be.

@ Moo
With respect to this comment and the one that comes later, you have lost it dude. Really really.

@ WIAN?
No trust-vote post dearie. Though I caught a glimpse of Pranab Mukherjee messing up his arithmetic. Hilarious it was.

@ Ad Libber
Da woman! Completely and forever!

@ Coffee
Regarding Moo and Mamata. My thoughts exactly.

@ Unkeyl
Thankoo thankoo.

@ Inihos
That be very funny. I wish there was a video of that one. Heehee. Mamata on bike. Hebbi cool.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

you guys are just prejudiced!

coffee stain said...

oo oo...
do elaborate.... plj plj

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Prejudiced against me making hentai cartoon about momta monsty and buddo,the red demon.
roy,kicking the rolling ball a bit more hard and enjoying while it rolls eh,are ye....:-P

coffee stain said...

you know me... what ever it takes for a lil spice man.... and when there's cia bootie to be had...it just makes me more happy.... i am besh happy as it is :D
and momosan and buddhonan in hentai... you are one sick lil freak :D you know that already :D

Aphrodite said...

@lol....so true...she is almost like the queen...canmake anything happen...banglaye bandh nei...ja baba e abar hoye naki???

Llama said...

@ Moo
You be weird.

@ Coffee
Moo is weird.

@ Aphrodite
Bengal without Mamata is like tutti frutti without the spoon.