Monday, January 12, 2009

Random clucks

The problem with blogging often is that you run out of things to say. And there isn't any interesting Mamata-Banerjee-or-otherwise news that I can latch on to. Even the autos, two-stroke, three-stroke and four-stroke seem to be running as before though I seem to have converted to bus travel even as the three-wheelers fight to avoid LPG conversion.

The other day I had to write this office blog about 'the hazards of auto travel'. Now, being a great fan of auto reeskaaz, it isn't easy to jot down all the bad bad things about them. But what to do, when your boss says, 'write blog', you jolly well 'write blog'. Here be the link.

I've been listening to Western classical music of late: Beethoven, Bach, Handel, the works. I'm on my way to becoming a true-blue aantel. If only I could acquire a taste for ciggies. Then I'd be ekdum fit.

Oh, and I watched half of Slumdog Millionaire. Saying 'it's awesome' would kinda dilute the effect. But yeah, since I'm not in review-writing mode, that's what I'm going to say.

One of my cats is on heat and meowling all night long. All through the day too, I expect, but since I'm not home mostly, it doesn't matter to me. But at night when I'm dying to snooze I don't want 'meowee meowee' reverberating (yes, that's the exact word) through the room. I've been seriously considering sticking cellotape across her mouth for awhile now.

Btw... I read this strange book: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a good book, but more strange than good. Got to do with the idea of human clones being people too. And its a story about love, friendship and coming of age.

My resolution has been threatening to get broken of late, but if I can carry on with it till Valentine's Day, it should become permanent I guess.

6 comments:

coffee stain said...

V for Vendetta Day
hobe hobe
the skies look clearer ahead and the wind be steady.... sigh

Anonymous said...

proof achchey jey clones raa human too??

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

heh heh,fishy fish up during V-day eh eh??? :P
and yes,ive always thought i was the clone of my original self....

coffee stain said...

@ moo
sheesh.... tui saala copy maal... chi chi.... du-nombori....2nd hand ... chi chi
one question tho....
why the frig did they clone you?!
ki lack man......
goes to show, we aint the only losers in town
hee haw

Llama said...

@ Coffee
:) I wish.

@ Inihos
Jaani na re. Boi ta toh fiction. Proof theek na.

@ Moo
Meet Moo, clone of Nunku.

Ramesh Srivats said...

You seemed a bit upset that Mamata is lying low :-). So here's a speech by her (or more accurately, a speech for her). Cheers.

http://www.rameshsrivats.net/2009/01/100-word-election-speeches-part-3.html