Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Financial worries

Money is a terribly worrying thing. But I have resolved to not be a worry-wart this year, so I shall not grumble about not having enough just yet. Money comes, money goes. I shall not stress over it as long as I have 20k in my bank. Once it dips below that, then I shall start getting panicky.

I was reading in the papers about this 74-year-old German billionaire who threw himself in front of a running train because his business hasn't been looking too hot in the recent past. And then there's this whole fiasco over at Satyam -- son of farmer becomes top corporate honcho becomes fraud.

Money is a terrible evil. Too much trouble. Most crimes are also caused by money. I wish we could all go back to growing cauliflowers and clobbering mammoths on the head for meat. Okay, so maybe cavemen drag cavewomen by their hair, but maybe that's not such a bad thing.

But I don't think cavepeople grew cauliflowers.

6 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

Money is a terrible evil.

You can say that again.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Lets start a farm and grow veggies and eat chicken.

coffee stain said...

i dig your vibe :D

Anonymous said...

@moolah: that's your favourite dream, ain't it :P

oh, i read that piece of news too...about the German businessman...

"Okay, so maybe cavemen drag cavewomen by their hair, but maybe that's not such a bad thing." Feminists wouldn't like that :P

Llama said...

@ WIAN?
I'll say it again:
Money is a terrible evil.

@ Moo
Yes, let's.

@ Coffee
You dig :D

@ Inihos
Luckily I not feminist.

Shutapa Paul said...

You have 20k?wow...teach me how to save and still make ends meet please:-)...