Friday, November 30, 2007

Funny Thing

I went to buy vegetables just now. Godrej Nature's Basket is just across the road. Personally, I'm a little scared+embarrassed to buy veggies, as I can identify only a handful of them, and I have no idea how much a kilo would weigh really, and I'm a little un-prone to asking for assistance. The last is a little similar to the way in which most males are unwilling to ask for directions unless they are hopelessly lost. Anyway, I bought tondli (they look kinda like potol) and I bought cabbage (very easy to buy) and I bought mushrooms.

There was another lady doing grocery shopping with her seven year old daughter. The little girl picked out the tiniest Dairy Milk sitting at the counter eyeing the world.
Mother [making big eyes at the girl]: No. We have at home.
Girl [making puppy eyes]: Please. The smallest one.
Mother [still making big eyes]: No. It gets wasted. Keep it back.
Girl, puppy-eyed still, puts the chocolate away.

Just one observation: THE CHOCOLATE GETS WASTED??? What house is this??

Btw... I have a fridge full of Czech chocolates :D Just taking sadistic pleasure out of imagining the greed on most of your faces. As for anyone whose mouth doesn't water at the thought of European chocolates, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU BUSTER??

Okay. None of these is the funny thing actually. Let me give you a background.

We have two flats on the same floor. 903 and 901. The former has been there for a while. The latter is a recent acquisition. And my room happens to be in 901. So there is a lot of moving in and out from house to house, especially coz all the food remains in 903. Plus, the TV is also housed there. 901 is meant for sleeping, reading, and having top-secret conversations.

Now there is a trick to moving from 903 to 901 and vice versa. The shoe cupboards near the doors of both houses are topped with a tray each. Each tray holds the key to the other house. So, you open the door of 903, take the 901 key, walk out, unlock 901, come back and put the key in the tray on the 903 shoe cupboard, shut 903, and go into 901. Reads more complicated than it is. To go from 901 to 903, the same procedure is followed, except that you start from 901.

Uff! How confusing I made it all.

The point is that I took the 903 key from 901 to go buy veggies. I bought the veggies (great accomplishment) and came home. I unlocked the door to 903, took the key to 901 (so that I could put the 903 key in its right place). And very smartly I placed the 901 key on the 901 tray on the 901 shoe cupboard in the 901 flat and shut the door. Luckily, the 903 flat door was open. So I took the 903 key and rushed into 903 house and shut 903 door.

Now I have to rot in 903 till the father comes home and 901 can be unlocked again.

But look on the bright side. My comp and its charger are in this house. The TV is in this house. The food is in this house.

And.. and.. and.. the Czech chocolates are in this house :D

Heeheehahaha [evil laughter]
[crows caw in the background]

9 comments:

coffee stain said...

1. all the 903 & 901 has officially cause a headache...

2. pet kharap hobe........pakka!!!!!

ad libber said...

Where are you sleeping now then (I only think of sleep, after chocolates)
901, 903, got lost somewhere in the beginning, resurfaced at the end, hoping competitive exams do not give this is as a logical analysis question.

Dyaus Spes said...

Confusing 901 & 903 or whatever.

Chocolates are heavenly edibles. Recently tried swiss chocolates having whiskey in crust. Lovely it felt.

But you know I think chocolate contains same stimulants as in dopes. So must be kept away from children. It's for adults. [:D]

dreamy said...

yeah, chocolates get wasted?...What kinda household would that be?:O

and about 903/901. Alls good that ends with T.v and chocolates! :D

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Hahaha!!!...i take sadistic pleasure in you being locked!!..eh,Ms.Jailbirdie??!!

Llama said...

@ Coffee
Pet kharap hoy ni.

@ Ad libber
The father returned a few hours later only. Sleep wasn't an issue. And there is place to sleep.

@ Dyaus
Chocolates. Sigh.
For adults strictly. :P

@ Dreamy
I know!!
And yeah.. All's well that ends well.

@ Moolah
No place for sadistic pleasure. I was stuck in the house with TV, Comp, Food, and Chocolate.

Llama said...

And to all of you:
Yes. That 901-903 thing was heavy confusing. I had no idea what I was saying half the time.

The Ancient Mariner said...

By the way..the czech chocolates din't really entice me!!

I also doubt czech's themselves know their chocolate is so mouth-watering!!
:-)
Atleast unlike swiss and belgian chocs none of the czech products get imported here in UK!

prolly i sound like a wiki in here! or u rather could say a bit wicked! sorry about that.

Madhurima said...

she really makes it sound very confusing...i did it myself, n it isnt confusing at all!