Thursday, November 15, 2007

Life in Bullet Points: November Chapter

1. I quit. Told the Boss. He was rather bitchy about it. I didn't think the bitchiness was necessary.

2. Father finally knows about boyfriend. Announced it at the dining table. Initial reaction was not good. But 5 minutes later, he managed to get some perspective. I am 23 after all, and going on marriageable age. At least I should have an iota of a boyfriend. Did I mention I am an inch taller than the boy? I feel like Nicole Kidman!

3. Have been working almost non-stop since I came back from Delhi last Monday. Diwali whizzed by in a blur. And then frustration set in. And then I quit. All's well that ends well.

4. The fast-food-wala just brought home wraps (a version of rolls/frankies). The security downstairs called on the intercom to say he had arrived. He said: "Pizzawala aaya hai". Pizza becoming the generic term for all food that gets delivered to the house. Interesting na?

5. Was watching the news about the cyclone hitting Bengal. At the time, the sun was shining brightly and sweetly over all the Mumbaiyya world and the districts that surround it. Grey clouds and thunder in the east with sunshine and blue skies in the west. What a crazy country this is!

6. Watched Sawariya. Such a waste of time. Beautiful, but a waste. Goodlooking people. Good performances. Lovely songs. But halfway through I was feeling as blue as the background for having to waste three precious hours of my life on this. Leela Bhansali's son gone mad!

7. Watched Om Shanti Om. Total timepass. Very heehee-type. Must-watch for King Khan fans. Padukone chick shows off cleavage (wonderbra?) in the first half and long legs in the second half. Quite logical actually.

8. Killed two mosquitoes yesterday.

9. Saw an especially long cockroach last night. Wasn't wearing specs, so zoomed in on it. Wasn't one cockroach. Was two of them. Mating. Told both of them (wasn't sure which one was the woman) not to lay their eggs in my house. Hope they listen.

10. Saw a woman and her dog sit on a bench on the lawn below. Nice picture they made.

I could go on. But my arms are paining. And it is time to devour that curried chicken wrap.

Toodles.

6 comments:

Dyaus Spes said...

I have crossed (?) having girlfriend age. I wonder what was I doing when I was 23? Oh ya, I remember. I was searching for job. :(( I feel I lack something, which I should have had or felt 4 years ago. But imminents are imminent. :D

Priyanka Dasgupta said...

Interesting! Good luck with your new job! (Or with job-hunting!)

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

trust me,it is a strange wierd country...!!!
Nice post!

coffee stain said...

poor "Daddy" was it?! :P

Llama said...

@ dyaus
It's never too late to get a girlfriend tho.
@ priyanka
Thankee :D
@ moolah
Strange country. You can say that again.
@ coffee
Poor Daddy it was.

Incidentally, Daddy Dear eventually paid for the Beige and Gold kurta that made me feel so poor. So the Diwali money still exists. :D

Epsilon said...

liked the taller than bf part....technically its bad cos ur bf cant smell the pheromones on top of ur head :)