Saturday, July 14, 2007

Life Back in Kol

I am trying to make a routine for myself. But I keep falling flat. I managed it one day. But staying at home has so many distractions. I have to run so many tiny errands, which, though small, distract me from my four-hour working stretches.

Of late I had forgotten how much I missed my dogs. Shugz is as YO as ever. Surprisingly, this dog is very cool. Despite her fur, and in spite of the Kolkata heat and humidity, cuddling up to this canine is not a sweaty affair at all.

Mini (short for Minimum) my cat is very happy now that there are more people in the house. She now has more plates of food to steal from. And if you thought that cats only like meat, think again. This female, but not-too-feminine feline adores bamboo shoots as well. Who would have thought that I would have to shoo away my cat from the vegetable bowl on the table.

(By the way, I recently read this news article about a goat that eats only meat. He refuses to eat grass, and he barges in to village weddings and eats meat and fish off the tables. A carnivorous goat! Imagine that!)

Bought guavas from the guava-seller downstairs. I could choose from among 1-Re, 1.50-Re., 2-Re., and 3-Re. ones. I chose the 2-rupee guavas. In Bengali we call it peyaara, and in Marathi it is paeru. And after two years of living in Maharashtra, I found myself calling guavas by their Marathi name. The seller told me to give him a report of the guavas on Monday. They were good, so he will get a favourable report.

Off to see Harry Potter tomorrow. I’m not really a fan of the books, and I hated the last movie. But I have a teenaged sister and a teenaged-minded mom, both of whom think Daniel Radcliff is super-cute. Plus, I never say no to movie tickets that I don’t have to pay for. Though I did pay for these ones. Review of the movie tomorrow.

No comments: