Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The KFC Night Sleepover

Had a sleepover at Madz' place. It was KFC Night. And before I go on, thanks to Moolah (from 3 pretty girls) for acting like a KFC salesman on a certain Yahoo Messenger window.

I was entrusted with the crucial task of safely carrying the 20 chicken pieces from Park Street to Jadavpur. As usual I left ten minutes later than I should have. Then I got into the slowest cab possible who took all the wrong turns and then took ages to double the amount on the meter and give me my 2 bucks back. KFC was no better as the guy at the counter took 5 seconds before every finger movement. He wasted at least 12 minutes in just giving me the bill, the change, and the chicken buckets. Yes. Kolkata is still as slow as ever before. Not a bad thing unless you are in a hurry. And in a hurry I was!

Things got better thereafter. I got a nice cabbie (who drove fast) to get me to Park Circus. I figured there would be less traffic on that road… and I was right! (Yippee!!) I then got on to a bus where I got a window seat. Now all was well. I'd be only 15 minutes late. What a relief!

However, there was one small problem, which I discovered the moment the cab stopped at a signal. The chicken was smelling to the high heavens. I tried to tie the packet and keep the emanating smell from going too far. But KFC buckets have minds and wills of their own. The smell kept on wafting through the air for the duration of my cab and bus journeys. I was quite convinced that someone would snatch it from my hands and ruin KFC Night for us. However, Poojo the Knightress (feminine of knight?) reached Jadavpur safe and sound where the high priest Madz was awaiting my arrival. Thereafter, our chariot (an Indica?) steered by Roushni Boush arrived and we reached the sleepover site safe and sound.

Madz pounced on the chicken the moment we got through the door. Roush Boush and I struggled to keep her away from the bucket till she had put on the movie for us. "Love Actually" and Hot n Crispy Chicken Wings ensured that we spoke not a word... until the DVD player stopped and put a spoke in the wheel of chewing and silence.

It was time for lots of semi-screechy girl talk. We considered getting high but were too full of chicken to gulp down more than a glass each of rum and cola. What followed was gossip, laughter, ex-bf bashing (one of the guys discussed being an ex-bf of 2 of the 3 of us), bitching about ex- and current gfs of ex-bfs, hounding me to date someone (coz the other two have bfs at the moment), and kidding Madz about her WEIRD date-remembering qualities. She even remembers the dates when she went for haircuts LAST year.

We talked talked talked talked talked. Fought sleep. Talked talked talked talked talked more. Finally fell off to sleep at 4 a.m. Woke up to the smell of still more KFC. Finished that. Took ourselves home. And yet another sleepover came to a close.

3 comments:

Madhurima said...

this is so amazing n accurate! i want another one :(

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Awww...thank u..thank u...!!!
..and awefully desperate hoggers u people are!!!

Llama said...

@ moolah
It was all thanks to ur salesmanship.

@ madhurima (who probably wont read this)
dont be so greedy for cake, kfc and posts!