Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Holi-day

Man I miss playing Holi. The hullabaloo, the colours, the shrieks, the confusion - I love it. And I love that you can wear you're worst (read: most comfortable) clothes and no one will judge you for it.

Nobody seems to play Holi these days. Lack of people to play with is the No.1 excuse (it's mine too). And then comes, (2) the colours these days are terribly toxic, (3) that one off-day I need to catch up on sleep, (4) that's for the kids (I'm too old now), (5) other. There's no dearth of excuses when it comes to Holi - including, 'I don't want to be molested by the para changras'.

Sigh, life just gets complexer and complexer as the years move on. Some people sleep their Holis away, others watch from the safety of their fourth floor windows, still others watch TV and snack, and some turn to their blogs.

But look on the bright side: It's Holi and I have a holi-day. So yay!

5 comments:

dreamy said...

happy holi :)

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

i played holi...tra-la-la-la-la... :P :P

coffee stain said...

sigh...atleast there was rain... i gots miself wet :)

Anonymous said...

my mom made a rangoli with some holi colours...she still has them all over her fingers...

Anonymous said...

I missed Holi this time for the first time in my life. People here don't know what Holi is. Sad. Very sad.


Blog-hopped here.