Thursday, October 9, 2008

Post-Pujo post

The Pujos came, made a lot of festive noise, and it's gone already. For those whose offices were generous enough to give their Kolkatan employees four days off, "You lucky pigs!" For those whose offices didn't, "You poor things."

Surprisingly though, I didn't miss having to spend most of Durga Puja 2008 facing a computer screen. I hated having to be at work while the rest of Kolkata wore new clothes, ate chicken rolls and took photos of the heppest pujas in town... but having had two days off (Navami and Dashami ... one of which is my weekly off anyway and the other a holiday across the country), I feel light and happy and in an I-can-conquer-a-small-world-like-Pluto mood.

I read a wonderful book yesterday: The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne. It's the Holocaust again, but from a refreshing, childlike perspective.

4 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

ki ki pujo dekle ?

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

im a 'poor thing'....

Aphrodite said...

hey i have changed my address on blogville..u got my old one :P

Llama said...

@WIAN?
Dekhlam e na. Only one in Golpark. And some random ones on my way here and there in a cab.

@Moo & Aphro
I was talking abt folks in Kol. But aahaare nevertheless. I'm a 'poor thing' too.

@ Aphro
Will visit new blog ASAP.