Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's been awhile

I've been avoiding the computer chair (which is in fact not a computer chair at all) because it gives me backache. Age and grey hair - the troubles they bring along. And because I've been avoiding the computer chair, the computer has been getting the royal ignore too. But today I decided to catch up with people I've been out of touch with. This included a Cousin Dadi (who I spoke to), an aunt (whose phone was busy) and Mr. Computer (who has kindly forgiven me without a word of reproach).

I've written a lot today. I've also finally submitted my latest article (this one on the Russell Peters show in Kolkata last week) at work. Here's the link: Laughing out loud with Russell Peters. This caused me a lot of insecurity while I wrote it. I constantly worried that I wasn't doing a good job, but despite all the worrying, it's turned out well enough at the end.

I've been telling everyone that I'm reading a bad book by Hemmingway (the same dude who wrote The Old Man and the Sea, A Farewell to Arms, and For Whom the Bell Tolls). This one is called Fiesta, and I have only about 20-odd pages left, and I would like to say that it has finally turned interesting. As in, this is no thriller. That sense of chill anticipation is absent, but the last few pages have been an improvement over the first 150-odd pages. I guess, even Mr. Hemmingway had to start somewhere. Nobody's perfect.

Except my father, by his own admission.

6 comments:

What's In A Name ? said...

neat little article that.

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Eiii,i like ze ole hemmingway.old man n the sea besh nice book.n n i likes russel peters article too.sad i cdnt catch it up with u guys,missed it in bombaiii too tch-tch!

coffee stain said...

somebody gonna get hurt tonight.... somebody... i am not sayin who...

Madhurima said...

ur in the rite profession! ur one heck of a writer, girl!!

dreamy said...

yes yes yes...you're quite a writer! :D

Llama said...

@ WIAN?
Thankee :)

@ Moo
'Old man and sea' be besh besh nice book. But 'Fiesta' just don't compare man :( I finished it tho.

@ Coffee
Say who...

@ Mads
Blush blush :)

@ Dreamy
:D