Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Good Day

Today has been a good day. After a long time, I have been smiling to myself and walking around with a feeling of everything's-gonna-be-all-right. My theme song for the day? Living on a Prayer

This has been a long, never-ending January with more than its share of stress, confusion, boredom, insecurity, unhappiness, and more of their ilk. Everytime I looked at the calendar, February seemed light years away. But it is finally within kissing distance. Yay!

Things are looking up again. Nothing bothers me as much as stagnancy. I am glad to be on the move once more. I like change. I like novelty. And my new haircut seems to have given rise to a new me :)

Good haircuts tend to do that. They make you feel lighter (maybe because a load has been shed from your fragile/not-so-fragile skull) and righter. Sometime last year, a cute, I-think-gay guy with a cool near-the-lip diamond stud called Shane gave me the most wonderful haircut. I felt like a girl Jon Bon Jovi for weeks after that. Today's haircut is nothing compared to that, but I look less Tarzan-like and more Walt-Disney's-Little-Mermaid-like. And I'm happy :)

I got THE CALL that had me on tenterhooks for the last 3 weeks. Now I'm relieved and heaving many sighs of relief.

Have eaten 2 lunches today. Am full and contented as a result. Nothing like a full stomach.

It rained this afternoon, and the world (Kolkata, at least) has become wonderful again. There is a nip in the air and a whiff of change in the breeze. The slushy streets that make me want to get my feet mucked up. The tree leaves are still shedding the little drops of sky that surprised them this afternoon. I went out in the rain this afternoon. I shoved my umbrella in my bag and let the pitter-patter raindrops tell their knock-knock jokes on my head. Life has been lovely since :)

5 comments:

dreamy said...

"Nothing like a full stomach".

so true!,,and nice post, as usual :)

Llama said...

@ Dreamy
:D Thankee!!

@ Moolah
Ei.. Cheer up re. I promise to grumble a few posts from now.

ad libber said...

A new year, a new month, and a new beginning. 335 more days of newness to look forward to.
Such a happy post.

coffee stain said...

yay... finally i can stop...
good for you...now for all my efforts... i suppose 2 death by chocolates would reincarnate me!!!

Aphrodite said...

oho...happy puppy...