Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Vacation Post 2

I'm back home in Kolkata with all the dogs and the cats and the squall and the car honkings. It isn't quite as chilly as I had thought it might be; though Kolkatans in general can be seen wrapped up in thick, brown sweaters with mufflers covering their ears for fear that they might fall off in the cold. My feet have been shivering a little, but I refuse to wear socks.

Not too many people know that I'm back in Kol for Christmas. I think I will keep it that way for awhile.

There is just one worrisome new development. I don't know what to buy me for Christmas. I was contemplating getting a dress, but given that I practically live in my jeans and everything else goes into storage, I'm not sure that this is a good idea. I'm probably not even going partying this year (how seriously dull am I??) and am in no mood to get yet another good-looking outfit that will occupy precious cupboard space.

I've been talking a lot of late: Blabber jabber blabber jabber. It is rather out of character for me, but I am enjoying this talkative incarnation of myself. (I think I use a lot of "but"s in my sentences.)

One of my two black cats is basking in the sun. His eyes are drooping with sleep as he stretches out his long, elegant legs. I adore his panther-like attitude. And he's only a house cat.

It is good to be a house cat. You can pick out the sunniest spots in the winter. Hot food is given to you twice a day. You don't have to wash the dishes. Owners with cold feet are happy to have you around. And if you live with dogs, you have 24-hour access to entertainment as well.

I actually have nothing to say today. Am just typing for the sake of it. I wrote for about an hour on my flight to Kol the other day. I thought it was fairly blogworthy but I don't think I have the patience to type it all out.
In bullet points:
1. I was the second person on the plane.
2. I refused to have overpriced flight food that was not included in the fare.
3. The people beside me came with a whole red bag of yummy food (maybe this does deserve a post of its own).
4. The flight reached half an hour early (What luck!).
5. I was the first person off the plane :D
6. My luggage did not make me wait for too long. Though Ma did.
7. And I got paid for that freelance project. Yay!

7 comments:

ad libber said...

Three posts in a day?
Welcome back to the city, Christmas would not be Christmas without dogs and cats anyway. (I hear Alcott squirming in her grave)

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Blogworthy??
i like that word.

coffee stain said...

"Blabber jabber blabber jabber" i see calcutta in your blood :P
this one time on a flight, spice jet i think dilli 2 cal....... i was friggin famished......the dude next to me pulls out a pizza and starts munching....mone mone solid khisti diye chilam..... then with puppy dog eyes and a hint of a whimper i asked the stewardess for some extra cookies..... only thing they were serving....and she obliged..... i still wanted a pizza tho

Madhurima said...

u hav no work, u dont hav to wait in those annoying Qs on the plane, the flight reaces early....u hav a lot of reason to party!!
get out of that house n party, gal!!!

dreamy said...

Ok, now this is scary. I find too many similarities between me and you.

Me too has cold feet but refuses to wear socks.

causticji said...

Ha ha I love the vanishing act - people in either city just assume you are in the other.

And was it Spice Get oops Jet by any chance? Y'know the "sandwich for 60, fruit juice for 20 and cashew for 50"? Anyway before checking-in at B'bay you should always have a Hog Dog - yumm!

Half an hour early? Gimme a break. On 2nd thoughts, it's understandable - it's Cal after all :P

Llama said...

@ ad libber
I agree. And thankee for the welcome :D

@ moolah
Me too!

@ coffee
I think I need to go get a pizza sometime this week. It's been ages since I tasted pepperoni.

@ mads
New Year's Resolution: I will party! :P

@ dreamy
Must have been sisters who got lost at some fair, ek dum Hindi fillum ishtyle!

@ rekaf
Nope. Not Spice Jet. This was Indigo. Good flight it was. Apart from the food bizness that is.