Sunday, June 24, 2007

Of Perfection, Uniqueness, and the Funny Bone

The other day, my gmail inbox greeted me with an Alanis Morisette quote: "We'll love you just the way you are if you're perfect." I don't know if that's from a song or an interview, but it is so true. Even when we claim to love someone "unconditionally" (or so we say) we keep cribbing about how messy or indecisive or quiet or boring or lazy or restless or ... … (fill in the blanks yourself) (s)he is.

How many "perfect" people do you know anyway? How many do I know? Hmmm... except for me, none. And even I have issues. I eat too much for a girl. And I insist on changing my mind, my style, my likes, my dislikes, and my favorite TV shows, once every six months. Plus, I still have to find that "perfect" guy to remind me just how "perfect" I am. I'll probably find him one of these days. I'm just waiting for that "perfect" moment.

P.S.: Hoobastank sang: "I'm not a perfect person..." I'm not Hoobastank!
***

I was watching "Scrubs" last night (I really like the cute nerdy doctor -- Zack), and Zack said (and I'm paraphrasing): Every patient is like a snowflake. Unique.

I think I'd like being a snowflake. It should be interesting to drop off a cloud around Christmas-time. It might be a lot of rip-roaring fun to be packed into (i) a snowball that hits the neighborhood blabberer right in the face, or (ii) the face of a snowman that has a carrot for a nose.
***

Did you know that dogs might have a sense of humor too? That's according to a Yahoo article. So, if your pooch insists on peeing on your only pair of sneakers just before you go to wear it, and then walks around with an adorably innocent face, BEWARE! That naïve-looking canine of yours might just be doing a mental rolling-on-the-floor-laughing at you!

Moral of the story? Keep your sneakers where your pooch can't reach it!
***

4 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Ha!!!....
Being a snowflake and not worrying at all....
What about summer???...i'd worry about the sun....
I havent watched Scrubs much...but yes,Zack is seriously funny..!!!
...and now i know why my dog used to pee on my slippers all the time...!!!

...and that perfect moment...yaa..sighhhhhhhhh!!!!

C Merry said...

I love thinking about being a snowflake (obviously :) ) I love this quote
"Snowmen fall from heaven unassembled"
I don't know who said it :) Thank you for the nice coment on the TLLT post.

Unknown said...

oh yes...dogs DO have a sense of humour....ask me!

coffee stain said...

i take it you have a pooch?! us folks with cats are better of then.... minus the cat hairs all over the place... the bugger is actually potty trained.......and as far as perfection goes....takin moo into consideration 23+23-6= 40years of waiting(-6 cause of penalties..don ask).....i suppose perfect is just a word....and well impossible to relate to the real world...i guess thats why its only on paper...