Thursday, September 24, 2009

Panchami made me famous

Yes. It did.

I practically ran away from office with the Sengupta Brothers to go pandal hopping. We braved a fullish metro (I've been in worse, and still worse is expected in the Pujas).

The first pandal we saw also had a canine visitor who travelled there by rickshaw, with master and master's nine-year-old daughter in tow.

Where we became famous was at Deshopriyo Park. Star Ananda caught the three of us heading to a Tora Tora type ride, which turned you round and round six times only (though it seemed much more). I suspect we were also caught on camera by some print publication while checking out Ma Durga's fancy saree. But I've no reports to that effect, so really can't be sure.

5 comments:

~Moo-lah Buz!nezzz~ said...

Did you contemplate stealing Ma Durga's saree???

dreamy said...

Wow and you'd be on TV stealing Ma er Sharee!

What fun!

Madhurima said...

lol! y wud she steal the saree?!!!

Anonymous said...

Why steal sarees when there are plastic/cardboard weapons. They are shiny and nice, I think...

Llama said...

@ Moo
I didn't contemplate. It was clay saree. And stuck to Ma Durga's body.

@ Dreamy
I know. I wish it wasn't a matir shaaree.

@ Madz
For the fun of it apparently.

@ Inihos
That be better idea actually. The weapons be lighter and easier to carry away.